72l Idea

Thomas 2507

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a spare 72l and have the following idea:

10 Neon Tetras
2 Blue Rams

Not fully stocked, I know but it will be okay.

I would like a breeding pair of Rams. What are the chances of them breeding and the fry surviving? The aquarium is planted well with many hiding places such as bogwood.

Suggestions welcome. :)
 
That stocking list sounds pretty good. If you get a pair of Rams and they breed, it won't be too hard to raise the fry. Both parents will protect them for the first 10 days or so, but I find the male will want to breed agian so he will try to eat the fry. So after 10 days I would suggest removing the fry to another tank. but you can try them to see if the male will behave like that, I have had males in the past take of the care for months.
 
I've recently set up a very similar tank with a pair of kribensis, 6 small ember tetras and an otocinclis

My tank is beautifully planted, with lots of interesting stuff in there for them and places to hide

The kribs had successfully bred previously in my main tank, then ate all of their offspring which is why I moved them to their own home

I'm still waiting for them to breed here though, they've been in there for at least 2 months - highly frustrating!
 
Cool, thanks for that guys! Anyone else have anything to say? :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top