60l Biorb For A Dp Modded ?

MrWhite

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK Manchester
I have a 60l biorb that i hate i know they have bad rep but i got it bought for me i have had it setup for months at the moment it has 4 neons and a small plec but im thinking of removing all my fish and modding my tank with sand and a internal filter do think this would be ok for a DP or is it cruel ? or any other puffer i just love them
 
60l is fine for a DP as far as I know. I don't see how sand and a decent internal filter could be cruel!

How you'd modify it to fit the filter without cutting down on swimming space I have no idea. The globe shape of the Biorb isn't exactly great for fitting suckers for notmal internals or HOB filters to. I guess a sponge filter might work and you could block the view of it with a few plants ( but not too much so as not to block the flow )

The DIY section might be of more use to you for idea in that department.
 
They're pretty good. I used to have one. They just run off a simple airpump. I have seen a couple of types though. One being the usual stick on the glass with suckers variety, and another type used by my LFS which is a block of sponge with the airline going into the top. I haven't had a close look as to exactly how they are constructed as they were being used in shrimp tanks behind the desk.

The only thing would really be the airline coming in through the top of the tank which may look a little unsightly.
 
that would be fine for 2 DP's if it was a regular tank i would say 3 but a biorb restricts which plants you can have because of the lighting.
 
The 2nd size up of the eheim aquaball fits brilliantly to the side of a 60L biorb - I know as I have one in mine :D

A sponge filter would not be sufficient filtration for dwarf puffers.

I have some very healthy and happy DPs in my 60L orb and have silk plants, moss balls and crypts growing very nicely in there too :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top