6 Gallons Spare

Jazzzz

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
833
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
turo, devon
I fancy a thick sand base with cream stones piles in the middle it will be heated and filtered but no plants what sort of fish would be happy in it?
 
betta with some shrimp is the main concensus. You could keep a few endlers but they would be cramped so its not encouraged.
 
gobies and gudgeons or dwarf cichlids
 
you could get a pr of shell dwellers in there, but I was thinking along the lines of a pr of Apistogramma cacatuoides.
 
just resurhed Apistogramma cacatuoides

And my conclusions are they are buetiful but need at least 50L and trios are good
 
I used to breed mine in an 18inch tank and I only ever bred them in prs. A trio is not worth getting unless you have a big tank (4ft or more).
The males get to about 3 inches but the females only reach half that size.
 
well this in an 18" long tank so i will do further resurch on them so do you suggest 1 male and 1 female
 
I'm with Colin on this one. I kept a pair of Cacatuoides in a 7G tank and they did breed in there.
They are only territorial to other fish when breeding, although the male will need removing if they do spawn.
A pair of shelldwellers such as Neolamprologus Multifasciatus would also be fine in that size tank.
 
well this in an 18" long tank so i will do further research on them so do you suggest 1 male and 1 female
yep, get 1 male and 1 female.
You don't even have to move the male after they breed. My males always looked after the young along with the females. When the fry were no longer being cared for and were swimming all over the tank, I removed the fry and the parents usually spawned again within a week or so of that.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top