55 Gal Lighting

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Kstawski

Reaction score
I was looking at updating my lights for my planted tank, I currently have the standard 2 fluorescent bulbs that came with my tank. I was looking at a Marineland Aquatic Plant LED light (http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-48-Inch-60-Inch-Aquatic-Plant/dp/B0085TVEXK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top). While I'd like a better lighting system, I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for co2 injection. Would this lighting setup be alright? Forgive me if this is a dumb quetion, but I don't know if I need a 48" light, or two 24" lights as my hood has the divider as seen below.

Any recommendations would be most excellent!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sure the hood can come off, but price is a big factor in lights, if you can afford what you've linked then go for it but personally I think you can get cheaper.
If your in the US, I wanted these but being in the Uk it's impossible.

Search for satellite freshwater LED+

Cheaper than your link and has full spectrum (reds are brill for plants) and has some cool effects like thunderstorms etc

Those effects look pretty sweet, is enough light for low/medium lighted plants?

You would want two 24" lights for strip lights such as the marineland your looking at, as they will replace the two strips lights on what I believe is your 55g aqueon aquarium? For lights that are an actual fixture with legs, that is when you would want 1 48".

Which would you recommend, the satellite freshwater LED+ or the Finnex Ray2 Aquarium LED?

Most reactions

Back