5 Gallon Stocking

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
4,815
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Location
US
So I might be bringing my 5 gallon to my dorm, with mature filter media of course, and I just wanted to know what kind(s) of fish could I could put in a 5 gallon...trying to keep it simple?

I was thinking endlers?

Thanks
-FHM
 
simple for uni - Betta / endlers / a pair of mollies?

But I'd go for Dwarf Puffers if you can - one of them on your desk is so entertaining! They are just such intelligent and fun fish! :good:
 
simple for uni - Betta / endlers / a pair of mollies?

But I'd go for Dwarf Puffers if you can - one of them on your desk is so entertaining! They are just such intelligent and fun fish! :good:
So a 5 gallon would be big enough for one DP?

They are really neat fish for sure!

-FHM
 
Erm yeah - just the one I think, that's what I was told over in the oddball section..

You could get a couple of ottos too - if it's planted well :D
 
Erm yeah - just the one I think, that's what I was told over in the oddball section..

You could get a couple of ottos too - if it's planted well :D
Alright thanks...

I think I will get a DP...they are really cool fish with a really neat personality!

-FHM
 
yeah haha - getting mine in 2 days!!!

GODZILLA

will be his name :P
 
yeah haha - getting mine in 2 days!!!

GODZILLA

will be his name :P
Nice!

I was doing a little searching on the good old net, and it seems like DP love watching you a lot, but are camera shy! :lol:

And like to eat snails! :good:

-FHM
 
I would say a DP and 1-2 ADF (maybe 3). I keep my DP with 1 (was 2 but one died since he refusing to eat) and have no problems. My tank is very well planted and has good filteration. My dp is cool and keep to himself.

100_1240.jpg
 
It isn't as popular as actual fish, I know, but I love the idea of a small planted tank with only shrimp. They're such neat little buggers to watch.
 
Hey thanks guys for the replies!

And neat picture by the way!

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top