40 gallon / 155liters - silent cycle - green or red? Stocking suggestions please!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You're using the term 'filter feed' totally incorrectly.
Wood shrimp filter feed.
Basking sharks filter feed.
Baleen whales filter feed.
Flamingos filter feed.
Sponges filter feed.

All involve taking in water and passing it over a filter, which collects the food for swallowing.
Corydoras do not possess such a filter.
Corydoras do not 'filter feed'.

They may take in food-laden sand, but their mechanism for extracting that food is not a filter.

Go tell that to the authorities, and see how far you get.

Like most things that you read in the internet…needs to be taken with a good pinch of salt - it’s not always true or accurate…
Agree, I always wondered why Byron has BMus MA in his profile. Looks good and Brainy.

Agree, I always wondered why Byron has BMus MA in his profile. Looks good and Brainy.

It has nothing to do with fish, obviously, but it does have to do with my personal pride at having achieved two degrees. The things in my life that have been worthwhile and successful mean a lot to me, as they would to most people.

Quick update:
- Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates continue to measure at 0
- the fish are doing good, I keep a close watch on 2 of them: one that seemed a bit stressed and one that has some damage on its tail fin (that's how they arrived in the tank)
- I think they are trying to establish a pecking order, one of them in particular is doing short fast chases of some the others but without hurting them or anything
- they learned where the food is coming from, they now gather near if they see any of us close by
- there's lots of biofilm formed on the 4 leaves I've added
- I see a new type of algae, planning to remove one and take a picture, I can't describe it very well, like a green twig and not many of them, I removed another 2 a couple days ago when I did the maintenance

Here's a zoomed in view of the algae? that's growing in between the plants. Do you know what this is?

algae.jpg

That looks familiar. I hadn't a clue what it was when this appeared in my tank so I asked on here.

Thanks a lot Essjay! Looking at your pictures, that's exactly the same... Sounds like I should remove it when I see it... what did you end up doing?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back