3G Internal Sump Tank.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sweeden

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I am going to re set up my shrimp/betta tank. This time though with an internal sump.

My idea is to make a sump for my bigger tank but I'm going to have a play with the idea of an internal sump first.

I am sick of unsightly filters and heaters and knowing that these can be hidden behind a sump gives me a great reason to try one. Also the idea of a nice smooth flow* seems better.

*(rather than a filter which either blows the fish/shrimp around the tank or a pathetic filter) 

So first up the idea is to turn my 13L (3iG) tank into a 10L (2.5iG) tank.

I'm planning it based on this video LINK

However i'm adding different filtration.

http://imgur.com/Mwl3ob2

I have a Home Bargains tank that i'm going to chop up, then hopefully tomorrow go an buy some fish safe sealant.

The tank needs re-sealing before the build also so a good opportunity to do so.

So far tonight i've cleaned out the old black sand substrate (getting rid of that too) and leaving it to dry first. then tomorrow will give it a good scrub as there's quite a bit of dirt and grime on the tank.

I have 2 questions

1) I know Betta's are OK with a minimum of 2.5G, will I be ok having a betta or should I just stick to shrimp don't want to be cruel. 10L of space and 13L of water in total seems ok to me but I'm not sure.

2) Would this substrate be OK if i was to have a Betta? LINK

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back