380L Malawi Setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My Pseudotropheus elongatus Neon Spots have spawned, the females` mouth is now absolutely bulging with eggs :kana: :kana:

I got a few video clips of them spawning, 0.37 seconds into the first vid and the female can then be seen to be releasing and picking up her eggs:

At 26 seconds:

Thought I`d post some close up photos:

Auonocara sunset female
IMG_1518.jpg

Ndumbi red top
IMG_1500.jpg

socolofi
IMG_1498.jpg

neon spot
IMG_1487.jpg

Ndumbi red top
IMG_1472.jpg

Jacobfreibergi male
IMG_1437.jpg

Labidochromis caeruleus (yellow lab)
IMG_1432.jpg

Taiwan Reef female
IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

Ndumbi red top
IMG_1376.jpg

Aulonocara Sunset male
IMG_1394.jpg

Taiewan Reef female
IMG_1435.jpg

I have now added 2x 6" L200 plecos to the Malawi tank and I`m hopefully going to be getting some gorgeous yellow Baenschi Benga Peacocks too. The benga are quite small so as they`re a peaceful peacock I`m planning on adding them to my tang tank temporarily. Once they`ve grown on a bit and I can sex them I`ll add a pair to my Malawi tank and sell the others B-)

Anyway, some pics of my new plecs:

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

looking good lisa . the male jacob looks amazing when hes in full display doesnt he , his sides go such a lovely blue and that dorsal fin is just fantastic!! i keep checking tonys website , im waiting for the fryeri "electric blue hap" to come back in stock and the benga. altho im getting seriously tempted to add some more mbuna , i love watching the labs

Really like the look of those plecs. , very nice. Congrats on the spawning , looks like a right mouthfull "chubby cheeks" :good:
Nice pics. , you're certainly getting tha hang of that camera now :good:

looking good lisa . the male jacob looks amazing when hes in full display doesnt he , his sides go such a lovely blue and that dorsal fin is just fantastic!! i keep checking tonys website , im waiting for the fryeri "electric blue hap" to come back in stock and the benga. altho im getting seriously tempted to add some more mbuna , i love watching the labs

The male does look even more gorgeous when he`s displaying. Since him and his missis did the business he`s trying his hardest to flirt with her again but as she`s holding now she`s having none of it :lol: :lol:
I`ve just ordered another 2x female Jacobs from Tony, it`ll keep the male happy and keep him coloured up B-)

I like the fryeri but I`ve gone with the Mpanga, got 4 of those coming next week with the female Jacobs so will get some pics up once they`re settled :good:

I`ve been after the Benga`s from day one of setting up the tank :wub:
I know Tony only has a few small ones, they`re so sought after because of how lovely they are and it`s a pain trying to locate them at a decent size :/

Really like the look of those plecs. , very nice. Congrats on the spawning , looks like a right mouthfull "chubby cheeks" :good:
Nice pics. , you're certainly getting tha hang of that camera now :good:

Thank you :D

The plecs are lovely, it was such a pain trying to get some decent sized bn plecs that I thought "Sod it, if I`m going to have to pay P&P on a plec then I`m better off getting ones I`d be happier with". The L200`s like the algae and are making light work of going around the tank, as the tank is near the back door the algae seems to have caught hold quite quickly but hopefully the plecs will sort it out :nod:

I can`t believe how easily and quickly the fish have spawned, the Taiwan Reefs are giving it some welly now but the female is playing hard to get, hopefully she`ll be holding soon enough though :good:

I still have lots to learn with the camera settings, but for an amateur I think the pics have come out well.....even if I do say so myself :lol: :lol:

I picked up some slate today for the Malawi tank and have done a rough layout of how I was thinking of arranging it in the tank, I`d really appreciate some opinions on the layout please on whether it looks like it would be ok?

Left side -----> right side (along back of tank)

Left side:
IMG_1007.jpg

Right side:
IMG_1006.jpg

That must have taken some time to put together, it looks great though and it will probably look even better once it's in! :good:

Added 4 elongatus Mpanga, another 2 female Jacobfreibergi and another OB male to the tank:

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

Slate looking good :good: Certainly brings out those vivid colours :good:

Funny, I have all the old slate out thinking of using it in place of the lava rock :lol: Trust you to think if it first, AGAIN :good:
Nice pics. , tank looking good :good: better than the ocean rock :good:

wow your tank looks immaculate, wish mine looked that clean :(

No other word than sexy describes your photos! :blink:

I take it you like my fish then??!! :lol: :lol:

Update:

One of my female Jacobs has finally spat fry after a very long 4 weeks of waiting :). I was going to just leave nature to do it's thing but after seeing one of my female red tops chasing, catching and eating one of the fry I decided to remove what fry I could catch and there are now 6 Jacob fry in my 20L. There are more fry still in the big tank but they're too quick for me to catch.
Unfortunately there have been no sightings of any fry from the red top female who was holding so I don't know if they're hiding or have been eaten. One of my other Jacob females is holding now too so more fry soon I hope.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share a video clip of the new Jacobfreibergi fry:

Cool vid. , congratulations on the fry (AGAIN)!!!! , you must be doing something with your water :lol:
How's the Tang tank coming along ? I got a few female cyps holding, the biggest has got ickle eyes under her chinny chin chin.... :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back