30g Suggestions

Jallen

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
601
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Hampshire, England
So, I have a (newly planted) 30 gallon tank with:
2 Angelfish,
6 Kuhli loaches,
1 Flower shrimp,
1 Bristlenose Pleco.

I'm thinking of adding 12 cardinal tetras, so taking that into consideration, what else could I add? I was also thinking about getting a couple of dwarf gouramis.
Oh yeah, and the Angels ripped guppies to pieces, so also take that into consideration.

I want colour, and I want it to be relatively peaceful. I've also been thinking of getting a Bolivian Ram?

Here's a pic:
98784b334d67ad1100_3004.JPG


Thanks! :)
 
If the angels tore up guppies, they are a bit rough to house with cardinals. I find guppies are not easily attacked by most community fish so youe angels must be some real terrors. A nice schooling fish is rummy nose. They will school much tighter than cardinals do. Rams or Apistogrammas can be quite a colorful central focus type fish.
 
If the angels tore up guppies, they are a bit rough to house with cardinals. I find guppies are not easily attacked by most community fish so youe angels must be some real terrors. A nice schooling fish is rummy nose. They will school much tighter than cardinals do. Rams or Apistogrammas can be quite a colorful central focus type fish.
The guppies didn't even swim away. They just stayed there hovering in one place while the angels ripped their fins off. I'm never buying guppies again though. They may look kind of nice, but they are like fancy goldfish, the swim like something which is genetically malfunctioned, and they are hideously stupid (though it's not really a word I'd like to use, the best word for them is "retarded").

I know people who have kept cardinals and neons with angels successfully, and I'm fairly sure it will be ok, as unlike the guppies, they are quick, and don't have large tempting fins.

What about the gouramis? Also, keep the suggestions coming :)
 
Cherry barbs? Colourful and bigger than tetras so the angels may be less likely to pick on them? A group of about 8 should work.
 
Gouramis id say because they have such amazing colours. The red robin ones are nice also the blue and gold gouramis colours mix nice with them. The way they swim is cool too.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top