30 Gallon loach tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DeanTheFish

Reaction score
hello everyone i have a 30 gallon tank that i plan to make a loach tank currently i already have a hillstream loach and a horseface loach if needed i will upgrade the horseface to either a 55 or a 40 breeder i want 1 or 2 more hillstream loaches because i like them but besides that there are no other requirements for them

hello everyone i have a 30 gallon tank that i plan to make a loach tank currently i already have a hillstream loach and a horseface loach if needed i will upgrade the horseface to either a 55 or a 40 breeder i want 1 or 2 more hillstream loaches because i like them but besides that there are no other requirements for them

These two loach species should not be together. They have somewhat different requirements respecting water current and temperature.

The 30g is not sufficient size for the horseface loach, so move it to the 55g which presumably is 4 feet in length so that is the miniumum. A single loach can work, but ideally being a loose shoaling species it is best with five or six. But never two or three as squabbles may erupt. It must have a sand substrate so it can safely bury itself, and play sand is best for this. More info here:
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/acantopsis-choirorhynchos/

The Hillstream Loach needs cooler temperatures, no higher than room temperature, and a stronger water current. Smooth river rock allowed to become covered in algae is ideal. More data here [species may be different, but maintenance is the same]:
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/sewellia-lineolata/

i do have current in there and i will make sure to separate the 2 specimens i had them together for a while now but the used to be in a 40 gallon until it poped a hole i currently have them in a ten gallon holdinig so in a week or so i will have the horseface in a 30 and then once he/she is to big for a 30 i will upgrade him/her or i will give him to my lfs

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back