3 Male Dwarf Gouramis

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I bought 3 dwarf gouramis yesterday, and as they are all a pretty blue colour I think they are all male.
Will 3 males be OK together, or are they likely to fight?
Also, what should I be looking out for whilst I quarantine them? They don't seem like the most active of fish so I am unsure as to what is normal behaviour!

I bought 3 dwarf gouramis yesterday, and as they are all a pretty blue colour I think they are all male.
Will 3 males be OK together, or are they likely to fight?
Also, what should I be looking out for whilst I quarantine them? They don't seem like the most active of fish so I am unsure as to what is normal behaviour!
id say yes they will proby fight, take 2 males out and put 2 females in.

Argh. I asked the fish farm if they would take the fish back if there was a problem and they said no! :S I'll bide my time and watch them, and I guess I will just have to find someone to adopt them if there is a problem :(

Argh. I asked the fish farm if they would take the fish back if there was a problem and they said no! :S I'll bide my time and watch them, and I guess I will just have to find someone to adopt them if there is a problem :(
well im pretty close to you, depends what i opt for i may buy some if you need to sell.

Brilliant, I'll keep that in mind. Let me know if you decide you would like some and I will update you on my situation!
Failing that, once all my fish are out of quarantine, I guess I could house one fish per tank - is a 2ft tank with several smaller tankmates ok for a dwarf gourami? Not what I had planned for my stocking but better than them fighting

Brilliant, I'll keep that in mind. Let me know if you decide you would like some and I will update you on my situation!
Failing that, once all my fish are out of quarantine, I guess I could house one fish per tank - is a 2ft tank with several smaller tankmates ok for a dwarf gourami? Not what I had planned for my stocking but better than them fighting
hmm that may work.it depends what i decide to go on, either pearl gourami and blue,

I'll try to get a good pic of mine to show you, they are hiding a lot at the moment but then they have only been in their new home for 24 hours....

Here are my new dwarf gouramis:
gouramissmall.jpg

You might be able to get away with 3 male dwarves if your tank has enough room for them to establish their territories. Also, a lot of plants or decorations for places to hide may also ease agression. At feeding times, if you see they are fighting over the food, try placing food on opposite sides of the tank.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind! The tank they will live in has lots of fake plant cover and hidey holes as I have 2 kribs in there... not sure what the reaction will be from them when they have to share out territory! But I'll keep a close eye on them. They seemed OK at feeding time today, no fighting, but then this was their first feed from me....

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind! The tank they will live in has lots of fake plant cover and hidey holes as I have 2 kribs in there... not sure what the reaction will be from them when they have to share out territory! But I'll keep a close eye on them. They seemed OK at feeding time today, no fighting, but then this was their first feed from me....
just to say the kribs will NOT share teritory and may get worse with the gourami

UH-OH. I am in for some fun then... :S Will keep a very close eye on them when I moved the gouramis into the tank, see how it goes....

Most reactions

Back