29 Gallon Stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

guppy2002

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm thinking about setting my 29 gal tank up and I have some stocking questions. It will have plants (but not heavily planted) and 2 ten gallon filters. Here is my idea for fish:

1 betta
Guppies (yes I have experience with the guppy/betta combination)
7-10 glass catfish

One of my bettas will go in there for sure, so if you guys have any suggestions make sure they are compatible. I was mostly wondering about the glass cats. Are they hard to take care of? I recently saw them at the pet store and in my head I went "oh my gosh I want THAT!". They are good tank mates for betta right?

Glass catfish are very timid fish, I worry more about the hyperactive guppies, to be honest. They may very well out-compete the glass catfish for food, and generally freak them out.

A docile betta would probably be OK, and indeed the water conditions are similar for both (very still, low pH).

By the way, the guppy in your profile pic is not actually a guppy. It's a tiger. Just thought I'd be helpful and point that out. :D

the_lock_man said:
Glass catfish are very timid fish, I worry more about the hyperactive guppies, to be honest. They may very well out-compete the glass catfish for food, and generally freak them out.

A docile betta would probably be OK, and indeed the water conditions are similar for both (very still, low pH).

By the way, the guppy in your profile pic is not actually a guppy. It's a tiger. Just thought I'd be helpful and point that out.
biggrin.png

thanks for the info, so would the glass cats be ok with the betta only?

haha thats true its not a guppy anymore
tongue2.gif
 gonna have to change my signature

Most reactions

trending

Back