29.5 Gallon fish tank - Amazonian inspired

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Mr_Harrys

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Who's a big boy? Fun fact, I've just discovered that Hornbach Romania, despite being a German chain, at least in the pet shop area has a partnership with Hagen Canada and Petco USA.
IMG_20231009_192132998.jpg

What I've learned from my 1st tank: quality products are expensive but worth every penny. Also at least for me is better to add the plants before adding fish as it seems that i lack any skills on using tweezers. :D Also multiple tanks syndrome is real :oops:

What I've learned from my 1st tank: quality products are expensive but worth every penny. Also at least for me is better to add the plants before adding fish as it seems that i lack any skills on using tweezers. :D Also multiple tanks syndrome is real :oops:
I have similar problems with tweezers. It's actually easier for me to just use my fingers. Another reason to add plants first: Once your plants are growing actively, you can start adding fish without the need to cycle!

I love tweezers, the ones with the curve at the end work for me. When I use my fingers it ruins that perfectly placed substrate, especially when it's not filled with water. And if it's damp, my whole hand gets covered in sand 🙃

Is Angelfish a good idea for a centerpiece? The tank is almost 30 gallons (112liter), 80cm long, 35 cm wide and 40 cm tall.

Just going to link to this current thread asking a similar question for a 40 gallon - short answer is no, they need much much more space. What's your water hardness/pH etc in your area?

The tank is a Hagen Marina. 80x35x40 cm 112 liter ( ~ 31.5x13.8x15.8 inches - 29.6 gallons).

Fish list:

• Neon Tetra
  • Longfin Zebra Danio
  • Glowlight tetra
  • Royal Tetra (not quite sure about this one :-? it looks that i grows quite big)
  • Otocinclus
  • Kuhli
As the angelfish is out i think of a new center-fish either a Pearl Gourami or a Dwarf Rainbow Gourami

Also electric blue ram long fin is gorgeous. but i don't know about his temperament

Rams need warmer temperature than the fish you have, especially zebra danios, so you can cross rams off the list as well.

I might go for :

• 6 otocinclus
  • 8 neon tetra
  • 6 glowlight tetra
  • 1 dwarf gourami
  • 6 inpaichthys kerri
I love Otos and I also love Rio Xingu gravel from Dennerle and I know rams and kuhli won't thrive if i use it.... My otos have no issue with it.

i'm not sure what rocks to add. my store has:

Dragon Stone
Black Mountain Seiryu Stone
Texas Holey Rock

and lava caves....

the filter has a capacity of 600l/h that translates to about 350l/h real power.

AquStockImage.png

So...is it ok to use filter floss like this to protect the bottom of the fish tank from scratches by the hardscape? Or will it generate problems?

IMG_20231020_210930726.jpg

Most reactions

Back