Fantastic post!! STICKY!!!

As a newbie to the shrimp world this thread is very useful.

Good job mate.

Yes nice one. Well spread out and useful for the beginner. I wouldnt say amanos are that hardy though-sensitive to water conditions i fell is better but i agree totally water quality is paramount. Nice post :good:

Thanks for the kind words. :hyper:

I'm going to add a FAQ section over the next few days along with some minor edits to make it easier to understand.

Does anyone have any pictures of shrimp I could use? I's like to add pictures of the species I described.

Good guide :good:

I would add www.shrimpnow.com as a link with loads of great info.

You can use any pic i've posted... there should be Anamo and CRS pics if you check my old threads.

Thanks! Will do.
w00t.gif

I've been reading this again and a couple of points I would add are:

• Be careful to rinse/soak new plants when you add them to a shrimp tank as they may contain chemicals designed to kill pest snails which would hurt shrimp as well.
  • In the tankmates section I would add that if you want to breed shrimp the only fish 100% shrimplet safe are Ottos and some plecs.
  • Oh and snails make good tank mates as well... I have Malaysian Trumpet snails and they eat the left over food but leave the shrimplets alone.
  • I've found another thread on the forum with some good shrimp info for the links too: Common Freshwater Shrimp And Their Requirement.

I've put a link to this thread in the "pin me" section so fingers crossed it will get pinned.

Most reactions

Back