200L Tiger Barb Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Looks great! Good to finally see it with fish!

What did you do with the Kribs?

Will look even better with sand and I'm sure that the corys will love it!

The kribs went to a friend who'd been after a pair for ages. She breeds fish but she couldn't find a pair anywhere in town to start with.

I'll be turning it over to sand on Wednesday or Thursday and probably picking up some more plants from the LFS while I'm there 
yes.gif

Okie dokie. I've spent the last 5 hours changing my tank over to sand and I've finally finished!
yahoo.gif

I've changed the layout of the wood and plants. I reckon it looks heaps better. Still pretty cloudy but the cories have gone right back to digging around. I love how carefree they are 
whistling.gif

Unfortunately, I underestimated the intelligence of one of my cats and one of my cories became cat food. 
rip.gif
 I'm honestly surprised it wasn't the Angel, that fish is an idiot.

I'll be going to the LFS tomorrow to check out what plants they have. It really needs a foreground plant of some kind.

Pics will come soon 
wahey.gif

Yay! Can't wait to see pics.

Sorry for the loss of your cory. Could it hurt the cat you think?

Fortunately Squeakers 'only' ran off with the poor dude and chucked it around before I caught him. Buried the little guy in the garden. 

It's still a little cloudy but I got some photos. 

DSC02419 (640x360).jpg

DSC02420 (640x360).jpg

DSC02421 (640x360).jpg

DSC02422 (640x360).jpg

DSC02424 (640x360).jpg

It will look a lot nicer once the sand settles I think. I was going to get some plants today mainly to fill in the back but it's a public holiday so tomorrow maybe.

Aww
rip.gif

It looks wonderful! All you're going to be able to see of the cories are their eyes :lol:

Got a new airstone the other day, one that doesn't kick up the sand. The sand has settled a lot more and the plants seem happy. One of my little amazon swords has already grown an entirely new leaf! 
tongue2.gif

Haha the cories have been pretty funny since the change. They're everywhere! I've got one that is looking a bit pale (I know they're albino lol) so I'm keeping an eye on it but other than that the cories seem happy.

Cookies and Cream the platy went missing and Crazy Eyes had to be euthanised today after developing dropsy
rip.gif
 . Only have Gavin and Pine Fresh left but I don't think I'm going to get any more. I'm honestly surprised it's the platy that died, I was half expecting to lose a few Rummies after the change over.

The Angel fish is as silly as ever, I don't think anything other than the thought of food goes through it's head. 

I'm still trying to figure out what to add to the bottom as it still looks pretty bare to me. I was thinking some dried leaves but I'm not sure yet. 
sad2.gif

for the bottom maybe try a bogwood or coconut cave for the corys theyll love it and when half buried and coverd in java moss it can look really effective and natural

When I switched to sand, my cories got a lil bit pale as well!

I think I read somewhere that white sand causes fishes to lose some of its colors.. I am not entirely sure about it though..

And yes, you can add some caves and very small little pieces of pebbles and spread them around the black pebbles that you have.. It will help make them look natural coz right now they look too organised! In a nice way that is! Hehe!

Well the tank has finally cleared up so here's a few photos 
tongue2.gif

DSC02450 (640x360).jpg

I've been waiting for the LFS to get some more plants in but it's taking forever haha. I really want something that can cover up some of the back.

DSC02434 (640x360).jpg

Gavin is the red one and Pine Fresh is the fat one 
yes.gif

DSC02438 (640x360).jpg

Camouflage! 

The Rummies are stupidly hard to take photos of so I don't have any decent ones yet.

Lost a Rummy today, had to euthanase it as it was just lying on the bottom barely moving
rip.gif
  Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 10-20. I'm not sure why it died but it is the first Rummy that has which isn't bad I guess?

Picked up a few more plants today though I'm not sure exactly what they are haha. Here's some pics of the tank now.

DSC02454 (640x360).jpg

DSC02459 (640x360).jpg

DSC02453 (640x360).jpg

DSC02457 (640x360).jpg

DSC02456 (640x360).jpg

rip.gif
Sorry for your loss! The tank looks great still.

So I've had a pretty bad month. Found out I won't have a job in 2 weeks so I've had to downsize. I've gone from 6 tanks down to 3. I've added a few of the crypt wendtii and the java moss covered wood from one of the tanks I broke down and put it into this big one, as I have been allowed to keep it. The other plants and wood were added to the 65l I still have running.

I took a friend's peppered corydoras in before this whole thing so I still have just the 3 as I can't afford to buy any more just yet. I also lost another albino for some reason. Current stocking is:
11 Rummynose Tetra
5 Albino Cories
3 Peppered Cories
2 platy
1 Angelfish

I've finally managed to get a few pictures of the rummies so I'll post those soon.

I might also be moving interstate so downsizing now will help if I decide to go that route. If I move, I'll be in a much better area fish shop wise so I'm pretty tempted
innocent.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back