20 Long With 10 Gallon Sump

Redstratplayer1

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am still undecided on what to stock it with any advice would be very helpfull.

I was thinking 2 Ocellaris Clownfish - Tank-Bred
1 whatchmen goby
1 skunk cleaner or pistol
2 sexy shrimp or pistol
asorted snails and hermits

Or
2 or 3 chromis
1 skunk cleaner
2 sexy shrimp

My not so local lfs said that i could keep like 5 chromis in that size tank but that sounds to good to be true.

:fish:

Or maybe 3 chromis and 2 clowns and probaly not but maybe a small goby

Is that to maney fish for a 20 long with 10 gallon sump.The reson i would think i could do that is that in a 30 gallon tank people put more fish than that in.

Your total system holds 30 gallons but your fish have 20 gallons of swimming space and even less when you add LR and so on :S

I'd say the pair of clowns and the goby is just about right for that size tank, the extra capacity from the sump will help keep the system more stable but it doesn't give your fish any extra room :good:

Ok then thanks for the advice I new that last one was way over stocked and was about to change it .
Well at least the small space gives me a reson to upgrade later.
I do love those chromis though my lfs has a 125 gal with 40 chromis in it and when you walk by they clump together and stare at you. Its so cool looking but probaly over stocked.

I am still undecided on what to stock it with any advice would be very helpfull.

I was thinking 2 Ocellaris Clownfish - Tank-Bred
1 whatchmen goby
1 skunk cleaner or pistol
2 sexy shrimp or pistol

Or
2 or 3 chromis
1 skunk cleaner
2 sexy shrimp

My not so local lfs said that i could keep like 5 chromis in that size tank but that sounds to good to be true.

:fish:

The only thing is having invertabrates narrows your selection of fish greatley, and with the size of the tank your pick of fish is already slime.

Thxs for advice jordon But i realy want that full reef look and think shrimp are awsome.
So i was wondering why sexy shrimp are so unpopuler and if a pistol would fight witha a cleaner and sexy shrimp.

Sexy shrimp arent popular because there just so dam sexy :hey: . Just stick with the cleaner shrimp, there from finding nemo so there cool :fun:

I cant bring myself to say the word I hate finding Nee. Neee... Nemo. But i love the fish .

No but in but realy i was toled that pistols are mean and would rip a cleaner to shreds. Are they ?

hey i have a 14 gallon and i want to no what fish i could stock i was thinking maybe

2 clowns (mated)
bagaii cardianls (1 or 2 not sure advice please)
and a firefish goby.

owww. could i get away without the cardianls and the firefish becasue they are just so cool

Most reactions

Back