20 Gallon Stocking

williamc

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
319
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I was wondering if I could add anymore fish to my 20 gallon?
I would like to add more tiger barbs to make them have a group of eight and have 4 red eye tetras could I do that to get more information look at signature.
 
You seem to be pretty lightly stocked, a few more barbs aren't going to cause any problems. Normally a good guide to stock your tank is an inch of fish per gallon, but as long as you have good filtration and do your weekly water changes the rule can be pushed.
 
alright could I add 4 more barbs,2 more red eyes and 2 more corys or would that be too much?
 
That should be fine mate. I know people who have their tanks with way more than that in a twenty gallon. Personnal I think mine if overstocked for a 40 gallon lol.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top