20 Gallon African Tank

Ficious

Fish Addict
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
947
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Des Moines, IA
i have a 20 gallon tank with a GSP in it now, id like to get rid of him and put some african cichlids in there. whats the most i could have? i have sand substrate and just added some granite rocks that i found today along the lake.

could i get away with 5 or 6??
 
i thought you just got the GSP?


im pleased you remembered. yes i just got him but i didnt realize how big they get and that they eventualy need salt. if i could have my way id have a tank with a bunch of those guys in there. theyre beautiful and have tons of personality!

anyways, having 1 GSP in a 20 is ok but wont be forever.

im just thinking of things to put in it. i love africans but also wouldnt mind some figure 8's if i could ever find any.
 
Well if you go with Africans I would suggest, a shelldweller speices. I have a trio, and they are lots of fun.
 
With a 20 gallon, your are looking at some of the smaller Tanganikya species. You need at least a 4-foot to properly house the Lake Malawi species. :good:

Here's a link to get you started: 20 gallon Cookie-cutter
 
With a 20 gallon, your are looking at some of the smaller Tanganikya species. You need at least a 4-foot to properly house the Lake Malawi species. :good:

Here's a link to get you started: 20 gallon Cookie-cutter

Thats a very handy link, its come up with a list similar to what I'm putting in a 20G I'm setting up at the moment.
I'm looking to mix neolamprologus brichardi, neolamprologus multifaciatus a small plec and some other flavour of small shelldweller - finding stock of any of the ones I'm interested in anywhere is hard going though, to the point I'm considering abandoning the idea.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top