2 Filters, Where To Go?

GlidergirlUK

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cheltenham, UK
I have 2 internal filters running, one at each end not pointing at each other. Left one is pointing to the right and the right hand one is pointing to the front (if that makes sense!) Should I have them set up differently? My puffers seem to struggle against the flow if I have them both on full so have turned them down to min. If I put them on the same side in the same direction would this be ok?
 
That's the same way I have mine ... although the one on the right facing the front is only a tiny one so I eventually will have some mature media for another tank :D

Seems fine for me :good:
 
i have 2 filters, 1 dwarf puffer.

so same as you ^^

set up the same aswell :D

but! i have them pointed to the surface, and i have co2 attached to 1 powerhead. my puffer seems fine, the tank seems very very serene actually.

can you adjust the nozzles?
 
I have got 4..yes 4 GSP's in there at the moment hence the extra filtration! I have 2 Interpet PF2's running. You can adjust the nozzle left and right and turn the guard around to direct the flow . I was just wondering because the flow seems far too much...kinda whirpool effect if I have them on full. As I have them on min at the moment I am wondering if this is kind of defeating the object of having 2 filters
 
erm

is it undergravel?

i have my 2 on full, my tank is also cube shaped, so the current does go through the whole tank ^^

well, for mine, i have mine pointing to the surface, so its oxygenating (surface agitation) and still got some current.

i dont see the problem much if its on minimum, i THINK it just means less filtration.

stick a marble in one, or block part of it off, so you will have 1 part pumping out water FAST, but if u direct it at a wall or something, it would take the sting out of it; just an idea :)
 
Well tomorrow is big water change day (like 80%) and change around the sacpe so they dont get bored so I will have a fiddle with the outlets, I think I could get one just hitting the side which would be loads better for the current.
Ooops they are hang on filters not undergravel.
 
heya :)

if they are hang on thats cool :)

80% is a big change? may i ask why such a big change :)? not being nasty ^^

That will help alot about current :), what are your puffers like? they the freshwater type? i love DP's! puffers are just great :D
 
They are Brackish green spotted Puffers (not in brackish...yet!) I am doing one big water change a week until the second filter has matured fully to help with the high ammonia production! I am doing smaller water changes through the week and testing daily at the moment. They are in a tank that is far too small for them as well which isnt helping. So i am taking measures to keep the Ammonia down to a min.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top