2 Acf's

ToWnPrEp

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was just wondering, if I were to put 2 ACF's in a 20 gallon tank could they live together happily?
And if I end up with a male and a female does that make it any different?
Any advice would be great! Thank you very very much!

You can most definitely keep them togehter as long as they are the same size. A male and female would be fine since they rarely mate in captivity unless you do some special things for them.

I was just wondering, if I were to put 2 ACF's in a 20 gallon tank could they live together happily?
And if I end up with a male and a female does that make it any different?
Any advice would be great! Thank you very very much!

Hi
I have 3 acfs living happily together, no other living thing is in the tank with them as they wouldnt be alive for long, I definatly have 2 males and the other one looks like a female, the males are always hugging each other and the female dosnt seem bothered by this, she just swims around them, they dont fight, I have 2 Albinos and 1 brown ACF, I find them funny to watch especially at meal times. :lol:
Ive read that breeding time normally starts february and goes on for a few months, so i will find out if one of mine is a female then, but her back end is different from the other two and the other two croak alot, which is what the males are said to do.
I hope I have been of some help to you. :)

I dont think its that hard to breed them. When I was in school... a long long long time ago, my teacher had two ACF's and they had many many babies. As for males or females, the females have a "tail" (thats one way to tell) I have a female in my 55 gallon.... and shes a mad beast lol

Most reactions

Back