2.5g Tank

lilacamy931

Starting again
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
3,475
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Bournemouth, UK
I have a iddy biddy 2.5 gallon tank and wondered what could I keep in it, suggestions anyone?

Many thanks :)
 
I was thinking betta but wasn;t sure if little small. Hmmmm... now you have mentioned that Forestpisces, I may well do. Because it is long and not tall might just go with Heater and not filter to allow more room perhaps..

Or can get all the miniest of heaters and mini filter elite..What do you reckon?

Shrimp - are they realtively easy to take care of Geoff?
 
Yeah, providing you have a cycled sponge filter (can DIY it) and a nice planted tank (recommended but not essential), theyre easy.

Im actually setting up a 15gal just for shrimp soon.
 
Well here is the tank in question:
3757734873_5a23a0e92e.jpg


I really want to set it up it is just thinking on electric bills..hmm..
 
sponge filter,heater,and a betta...or a small number of cherry shrimp..Shrimp are intolerant of ammonia moreso than fish
 
A heater costs the same (less sometimes) than i lightbulb to run as does a small filter, baisicly it's like having two extra lights on.
 
i have made many sponge filters. they are so easy and very very efficient. if you need a step-by-step how to, ive got one all ready to go! if youre interested in making your own sponge filter.
that tank would be fine for a betta or shrimp.
have fun
 
Thanks guys, just got to convince the other half. A guid would be great Loraxchick if you have one, I have an air pump but it is the noisest thing on the planet and since it was given to me unsure if it is meant to be like that. Thank you!
 
Please god not a betta. *sigh*

That would work very well as a shrimp tank though. Crystal red, cherries or bee shrimp, something likethat.
 
A slot may be about to become available in my 14g so bettatime may be that way hopefully. May keep this as a small quaratine tank in case of sick frogs etc for now. Still thinking ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top