180 Gallon Stocking

There is lot's of different set ups you could have with that size tank :shifty:

if your wanting a community stay away from jaguar cichlids/midas/flowerhorns as they will try to own the tank
 
I personally liked the datnoid idea ;)

Woop! Meg had a good idea for once... Go me :P

Your avatar picture was a good idea too :drool:

Datnoids are awesome. I have quite a few myself, including some of the more rare ones (like my NGTs in my avatar) and they're great. Only thing is they grow veeeeery slowly and can be expensive

I was just reading this thread when I came across this, gotta say its pretty funny!

:lol: :P

-FHM
 
There is lot's of different set ups you could have with that size tank :shifty:

if your wanting a community stay away from jaguar cichlids/midas/flowerhorns as they will try to own the tank

Its very common to have an alpha in a comm tank without fatalities. Jags and rd/midas can be fine together in a 180g provided there are territories and hiding places available. I have personally don't this a few times with great success.
 
Yes, I have always liked oscars but i have heard very mixed opinions about them. I would also like to see somthing a bit more exotic. My freind has datnoids and they are appealing but he has trouble feeding them, they will only accept live food, and I prefer to feed pellets, with the occasional live food. If you all could just take a look at this list and tell me what could work and suggestions about other possibilities.

**Deffinatley one/two centerpiece cichlids (im thinking flowerhorn, oscar, jaguar, or maybe JD, not sure)

**possibly move my Bichir to this one. How do you think that would work out?

**2 or 3 large catfish (need help on this subject)
I was thinking maybe syndontis, high fin banded shark, shovelnose, black lancer, lace catfish, paroon shark, some sort of armored catfish i really have no idea. i have seen some really cool catfish at my lfs but dont no the names.

** school of dithers prob my silver dollars

** teacup stingray

Please suggest someother fish or anything I want to no my possibilities. Thank you

There are a lot of possibilities but IMO you need to make an initial decision on one fish, so that suitable tankmates can be given.

Oscars and JDs differ greatly to Jags and flowerhorns in terms of aggression,

afaik all of the catfish apart from the synodontis will get too big.

stingrays are indeed out of the question, for starters the tank isn't wide enough and secondly most of the cichlids you have an interest in are to aggressive to be housed with them
 
Thanks for all the replys everyone I still got a lot of thinking to do. Would it be possible to house eartheaters and catfish together or will there be a lack of food? Bummer about the ray, will have to do more research on that one. What other sort of oddball type fish could perlace the ray besides a bichir and knife fish? Thanks for posts :good:
 
Ooohh think I could fit a pike cichlid in there somewhere or much too aggressive?
 
rock structured African tang setup. Couple of frontosas. They are eye candy.

Really just depends how much time you will spend into it.
 
The only thing with africans is that i dont want to deal with the high PH and the aggression. I have always liked frontosas though
 
Lol
You don't want to deal with aggression, but you want either a jaguar, a pike, or a flowerhorn?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top