180 Gallon Fish List & Order Of Introduction

MyraAlam

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Detroit, Michigan
Okay, so here's the list:



6 Boesemani rainbowfish
20 Zebra danio
20 Harlequin rasbora
10 Swordtails
4 Keyhole Cichlids
4 Blue Rams
30 Cardinal Tetra
15 Diamond Tetra
5 Pearl Gourami
8 clown loach
? cories
? khuli loaches
? bristlenose plecs

Please fill in the missing numbers for me! ^_^ Also, who should I introduce first, second, etc. I have an idea of how I want to do it but suggestions are always helpful. Thanks ;)
 
Assuming you are doing a fishless cycle on it? or cloning from another tank, then I would say add the danios, rasboras, diamond tetras 1st, week later add the swordtails, rainbows then add the gourami, plecs, clown loaches and cories and kulli loaches. Last add the keyholes and rams.

I would say add 15 cories (you can mix and match them), 6 kulli loaches and 3/4 bristles.
 
Assuming you are doing a fishless cycle on it? or cloning from another tank, then I would say add the danios, rasboras, diamond tetras 1st, week later add the swordtails, rainbows then add the gourami, plecs, clown loaches and cories and kulli loaches. Last add the keyholes and rams.

I would say add 15 cories (you can mix and match them), 6 kulli loaches and 3/4 bristles.

Yes, a fishless cycle and I agree with your intro order. Thanks for the cory/bristle/kuhli suggestions, it's what I was waiting on. :good:
 
Assuming you are doing a fishless cycle on it? or cloning from another tank, then I would say add the danios, rasboras, diamond tetras 1st, week later add the swordtails, rainbows then add the gourami, plecs, clown loaches and cories and kulli loaches. Last add the keyholes and rams.

I would say add 15 cories (you can mix and match them), 6 kulli loaches and 3/4 bristles.

Oh, what about the cardinals?
 
Sorry forgot them :lol:

Add them last after the rams and keyholes.
 
Sorry forgot them :lol:

Add them last after the rams and keyholes.

Oh right, I wanted to ask: I've decided not to go for the bristlenoses as I've heard that they produce more waste than they're really worth! Instead, a few people suggested I add a few more fish to my other shoals. It's down to the cardinals or the clowns at the moment. If I were to go with clowns, how many more do you think I could add?
 
Not a big clown loach person, so I dont really know, but knowing they reach quite a size, I would say 8 is plenty.

BN are quite poopy fish, but they are great little plecs, maybe only add a couple and see how you get on.
 
Not a big clown loach person, so I dont really know, but knowing they reach quite a size, I would say 8 is plenty.

BN are quite poopy fish, but they are great little plecs, maybe only add a couple and see how you get on.

Poopy fish indeed! :P Thanks for all your advice!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top