16 With An Animal Shelter

RiiCKYOMD

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm 16, and I got bored one day and thought I'll make an animal shelter in the garage.. And so far (5 months later) I have homed 17 dogs :d:D:d:D (By homed I mean sheltered them whilst looking for the owners). I dont ever take any rewards off anyone and its a charity not a business.

Its nto really an animal shelter but stray dogs down alleys or roads that look to be stray and lost... I take, if collored i take the number down.. Also I get the bus to to the vets alot to microchip (check for 1) to track down owners. Ive found 17 dogs and I feel better :D

Just thought I'd share it so you know that you dont have to have alot of money or room to help. My garage is quick big but its jsut got laods of sheets and food and water and space for the dogs :D

But I still love my dog the best :D

that's good what you are doing.. at least they are not roaming the streets getting ran over or anything! :crazy:

If anyone does think im lying however... I wouldnt lie on 17 stray dogs round my area in 5 months that I have taken through my back gate into the shed.garden fed and watered them,.. then made contact to the owners.... :S im not doing this so people think im jesus's brother.. just so people know if they see a stray dog.. they can help :D

Not all dogs are dangerous:D

That is a very noble effort.... I've been involved in animal rescue for the last 15 years. We always adopted dogs when I was a kid. It's really nice to see someone young do the right thing. Keep up the good work! :good:

That is a very noble effort.... I've been involved in animal rescue for the last 15 years. We always adopted dogs when I was a kid. It's really nice to see someone young do the right thing. Keep up the good work! :good:

Thanks Lynda :S
Sorry if ive ever come accross as really angry... but when people lie and make uncesscary posts and remarks it does anger ya...

its just a bit of food water and love can go a long way...

Your not asking for adoption fee's are you? Or are you just finding the previous owners? Because if you are using an adoption fee you need a permit/lisence in order to do so... we have a girl here who is also young who doesnt have a lisence and got in alot of trouble, not to mention the deplorable conditions she was keeping them in...

I applaud your efforts for all the right reasons... just hope you dont get in trouble if its something the law will prohibit.

Your not asking for adoption fee's are you? Or are you just finding the previous owners? Because if you are using an adoption fee you need a permit/lisence in order to do so... we have a girl here who is also young who doesnt have a lisence and got in alot of trouble, not to mention the deplorable conditions she was keeping them in...

I applaud your efforts for all the right reasons... just hope you dont get in trouble if its something the law will prohibit.

Adoption fees? LOl

Ive got a shed and a garden..
I found a stray dog and it was friendly so took it home.. and we was gonna take it to rspca or vet to see what to do with it but it was saturday night so my mum said take it there on monday morning.. so for 2 days we kept her in the garage with my dogs old dog bed a quilt, some dog and and water (the garage is massive)
then on mondya we took dog to vet got micrp chipped they cotnacted owner and they said thanks and said heres the reward (£20) I was jsut happy they had there dog back and said treat ya dog on the way home..

Since then (laods of alleys by my house) whenever i see a stray dog i just do the same.. or if it has a collar ring them... usually like 1 dog a week. but theres been tiems i am out of area and i see a stray dog and take it home.. (especially if its in danger eg roadways) then i contact the dogs local areas vet and shelter

all 17 dogs have been taken back to there offical owners and no money has exchanged hands

its more like a lost and found lol

I spoke to local police aswell like incase someone rings in with there dog missing so they know about it and are very supportive

Sounds like alot of people have escape artists as dogs near you lol.

Well done for helping them out :good:

Sounds like alot of people have escape artists as dogs near you lol.

Well done for helping them out :good:

Yeah its like 1 a week :D but also if i go to another area.. there may be one along the road.i dont go out looking for them.. they find me haha

Yeah, I'm 16, too (well, I will be 17 in a couple weeks) and thats how I ended up with 4 dogs and 2 cats. One dog I found at a horse stable, one was dumped at a gas station, one I found at the boat ramp, and the other I got from the animal shelter (but that was 10 year ago). One cat is from the animal shelter, and the other was found as a 1 week old kitten at my school, so I took him home and bottle raised him.

Its also the one reason I have a job- I have to pay for all the vet bills on my own, and thier food or whatever else they need.

Going to college is going to be interesting!

I also got another stray into a dog rescue, and one other I had to take to the pound because my dad wouldn't let me keep him, and he had been wandering my neighborghood for weeks, and nearly got run over many times. I live on a busy street, and it was only a matter of time before he would have gotten run over. :( I also took a cat to the shelter for the same reasons. I can't catch the other cats, and every week or so, one winds up bloated on the side of the road. :(

Oh, and as for the stray dogs- none of them had any tags (one had a collar) and I put a 'found dog' add in the paper and filed a found report at the animal shelter, but none of the owners came foward.

Keep up the good work. We are a small but determined army. :good:

Your efforts are noble and you are to be commended. However, be careful. In some places there are laws that limit the numbers of pets that can be kept at a private residence, which is not the same as government or privately owned facility that operates as a licensed shelter. In Miami-dade county, on my side of the pond, the limit is 5 dogs. You may want to check out what the limit is in your area just incase. Like others here, I don't want you getting in trouble for what is obviously a good deed.

llj :)

Most reactions

Back