125 Gallon Re-Scape!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jesse

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for the potato quality of the new picture, not sure what my phone is up to! So this is my 125 gallon that I decided I didn't like the flower pots in anymore. I don't like the fake plants either, but those are going to have to wait. I picked up a nice piece of wood to go in place of the flower pots and I think it turned out nicely. I have decided to take one of my empty 20 gallon tanks and put it in the office with my 75 gallon and make that a planted tank since it will be my first one, and it is the best lit room in the house. I also have a short video of my 210 gallon as well if you'd like to see it!

http://youtu.be/uuDGk8aV5Tk

Before

lwDLGfz.jpg
After

543gkp2.jpg

It definitely looks better imo without the flower pots :)

What is your lighting like?
There are lots of plants which aren't difficult to take care of at all, just a few real plants could make a big difference!
Java fern and anubias are both hardy plants which can survive almost anything, you could attach some onto your wood and/or rocks. They both have to be attached to something, because if their rhizome is under the gravel then they will rot.
Cryptocoryne plants are also easy to care for and would most likely suit your tank, they can be planted.

Keep up the good work! :)

The second picture is so much better. I would go for live plants as well, the plastic never looks right to me. My in-laws have a mixture of live and plastic, the plastic ones stand out like a sore thumb.

Love the re-scape. As good as pots are as ornaments and as a great substrate for bacteria, they make tanks look unnatural to be honest.

I would have to say, the pots weren't so much decor as they were nice caves for the fish. I have a lot of cichlids in the house that love to hide! I really do like it without the pots, though.

Most reactions

trending

Back