120l juwel lido stocking

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Twiz13

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I've managed to get myself a juwel lido 120, I've had a rio 125 previously a few years back. I'm wondering about how to stock it, I was thinking maybe dwarf gouramis, 6 tetras, 6 rasboras, 5 Cory's and a plec of some sort. Does that sound too much and if not is it workable? The tank will be running a jebao 503 external filter possibly going to chnage that to a fluval u4 in the future...sorry if it sounds daft, I just want to make sure it's all good before hand. :) any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I would always say to keep your shoals to 7-8 or more:)
How hard is your water? You can usually find your GH levels and unit of measurement (needed because some units of measurement are not used in fish keeping) from you local water providers website. This info will help us greatly with stocking suggestions.
Assuming your water is soft the ideas posted above could work, I would go with 1 male dwarf gourami, 10 rasboras or tetras, 8 cories, and maybe some snails. :)

Oh and welcome to TFF :)

As said above all your choices there tend to be soft water, which is ok, if 1. You have naturally soft tap water, or 2. You are willing and able to mix RO water with your tap water, which will soften it too.

If the answers to the above are both no, then you may want to choose some other fish. It's not just a question of health, but soft water fish won't look as good either in hard water, so it's in your best interest to pick something else.

There are plenty of fantastic hard water fish, so you don't need to worry about that. But having the pH and dGH of your local water will help us, help you.

While waiting for the GH and pH of your source (tap) water...

Dimensions as well as volume are important when selecting fish species; presumably this 120 liter is 61 X 41 X 58cm (length/width/height). These make active swimming fish not a good choice here, but more sedate fish would work (depending upon the GH/pH).

That's what it says about the size of the tank on Juwel's website, so I assume it is.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back