aly_starh
Fish Aficionado
I have a 10l tank spare, i want to make it into a Low-Tech Planted Shrimp tank.
A few questions;
1.) Is a DIY cycled filter safe enough to use for shrimp?
2.) Are 11W Christmas lights bright enough, i will cover the hood with foil (reflector)
3.) What substrate should be used, i have heard Cat Litter, how do you use this, (clumping cat litter)
4.) I will use esay plants like Java Fern, Elodea Densa etc.
5.) Will this be overstocked for 10 shrimp, bare in mind they might breed.
Thanks for the help!
A few questions;
1.) Is a DIY cycled filter safe enough to use for shrimp?
2.) Are 11W Christmas lights bright enough, i will cover the hood with foil (reflector)
3.) What substrate should be used, i have heard Cat Litter, how do you use this, (clumping cat litter)
4.) I will use esay plants like Java Fern, Elodea Densa etc.
5.) Will this be overstocked for 10 shrimp, bare in mind they might breed.
Thanks for the help!
Im going to buy on of those hang on tank lights 






