10gal Walstad lighting brand recommendations

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

The Big Figfetti

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi! New here and would love some pointers on brands.

Iā€™m looking for lighting recommendations on a 10 gallon planted tank, 20ā€ wide.
Iā€™d like to keep stem plants in the background - anacharis and vallisnaria, mid ground - maybe some anubus and some sort of either java fern or Amazon sword, foreground - some sort of carpeting plant or plant that can be trained as such. I was told Pearl weed, but Iā€™m not sure how that would do in my tank. So far Iā€™m not having any luck keeping foreground plants alive. Iā€™ve tried Monty Carlo, lobelia cardinalis, and alternathera reineckii. None of those have made it from the tissue culture, passed a week in the tank.
Iā€™ll also keep floaters for now, until the other plants take off. I am enjoying the frogbit and red root floaters.

My biggest request is that it is moderate lighting (or moderate to high) with capabilities to be dimmed (if needed for algae blooms). Would also love a built in timer with sunrise/sunset modes. Lastly, and itā€™s not required, but possibly Bluetooth controlled.

Iā€™m willing to spend upwards of $150, less if I can get away with it.
Hereā€™s my tank for attention.

Thanks for any insight with brands you trust!

Attachments

• AC2F45E2-CC79-481A-9136-D3975837AF80.jpeg
    AC2F45E2-CC79-481A-9136-D3975837AF80.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 42
Iā€™m looking into this one. Hoping the intensity will be what I need.

Attachments

• 6459F4B3-AE1C-41F1-9F8A-28632791F84D.jpeg
    6459F4B3-AE1C-41F1-9F8A-28632791F84D.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 41
From what I've read the Hyger stuff seems to be the bang for your buck choice. I have no experience with the product. Others are better qualified to comment

From what I've read the Hyger stuff seems to be the bang for your buck choice. I have no experience with the product. Others are better qualified to comment
Thank you! Itā€™s definitely cheaper than what I have now, and seems to be better quality.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back