10g Stocking

OpalineAqua

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wisconsin, USA
I have a ten gallon tank with five small(under 3 inch fish in it) I don't know if I can add more or not. If I can I would add a dwarf gourami for some color because most of my fish are silver and I want more colors. So it would be awesome if you could tell me soon so I could buy the new fish within the next month if I can fit them in!
 
Yeah. They're fully grown, I think. I have 3 cory cats and 2 beacon fish. Like I said, they're not very colorful.
 
I would suggest upping the cory to 5-7 since they dont have much of a bio load. A Gourami would be fine in there, any dwarf could work. I think you may perhaps be able to even fit 2 in there.
 
Dwarf Gouramis can be prone to bacterial infections. They can be fine for months and then BAM.

For something small in the way of a gourami, a pair of sparkling gouramis could work very well.If the tank is relatively recently set up, I'd let your tank mature for a few more months though before adding them just to be sure everything has settled and is stable

The aforementioned Endlers are also a good choice, a shoal of 8 males would look very nice and will without doubt brighten the tank. I always think they look like a small kid went ballistic with a couple of neon pens on their skin :lol:

Or if you want something with a bit more personality, a group of 5 female Siamese fighters would work. They don't have the long flashy fins of the males but are equally as pretty IMO and very entertaining and friendly.
 
Dwarf Gouramis can be prone to bacterial infections. They can be fine for months and then BAM.

For something small in the way of a gourami, a pair of sparkling gouramis could work very well.If the tank is relatively recently set up, I'd let your tank mature for a few more months though before adding them just to be sure everything has settled and is stable

The aforementioned Endlers are also a good choice, a shoal of 8 males would look very nice and will without doubt brighten the tank. I always think they look like a small kid went ballistic with a couple of neon pens on their skin :lol:

Or if you want something with a bit more personality, a group of 5 female Siamese fighters would work. They don't have the long flashy fins of the males but are equally as pretty IMO and very entertaining and friendly.

Honey Gouramis are also a hardy choice that are nice and bright and remain small as dwarfs (or so ive read)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top