10g Oddball?

panboy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a 10g set up with a couple pieces of bogwood and several anubias, very simple but there is lots of cover.

i am looking for about 2 small oddballs that will feel comfortable in a 10g.
i was thinking puffer, but I really don't like how you have to cut their beak, just makes me nervous.
Any other types of fish? I have heard of gobies, but I am not sure of their tank size. Would 10g be pushing it for them? As i said before, I would only keep a max of 2, and possible try to breed them.

I have a couple corys and tetras in my 10g right now, but i'll most likely be moving the tetras and keeping just the corys.

Ther's plenty that can go in there :) I think there was a thread about this, not sure if it was pinned or not, but do a search. I think it was 'oddballs for a 20g tank or under', but I'll see if I can find it. Peacock gudgeons are nice, you could do 5 or so in there easily.

if you want to go brackish you could do a single figure 8 puffer. They do not need teeth trimming and seem to be remarkably hardy. But im guessing you dont want to go brackish with your anubias. A nice shoal of glassfish (not glass catfish) would do nice in there too. (commonly thought as a brackish fish but seem to do just as good in acidic FW and are actually more commonly found in acidic FW than brackish in the wild. nmonks' glassfish are in acidic FW and are thriving.) A single african butterfly fish would do good in there too as they almost never move so a 10 gallon would be sufficient. Surprisingly there are quite a few oddball options for your tank, try browsing the oddball section in the fish profiles/ID's.

A single Dwarf Puffer!

Id say you could get two, because technically you can (one DP per 5 gal is the rule of thumb), but having heard of no one, including myself, with long-term success with more than one DP in a tank, then one per tank works :D

A single Dwarf Puffer!

Id say you could get two, because technically you can (one DP per 5 gal is the rule of thumb), but having heard of no one, including myself, with long-term success with more than one DP in a tank, then one per tank works

are you serious? ive seen many people with dwarf puffers tanks and they certainly have more than one! ive even seen people breed them.... check out dwarf puffers. com

ya there can be multiple dp but there needs to be roughly around 6 to keep aggresion down and you would probably need a tank larger than 30 gallons little hint of dwarf puffers its not a bad idea to throw some snails in there for him to munch on for a variety and to keep his teeth down

ya there can be multiple dp but there needs to be roughly around 6 to keep aggresion down and you would probably need a tank larger than 30 gallons little hint of dwarf puffers its not a bad idea to throw some snails in there for him to munch on for a variety and to keep his teeth down

I've never heard the advice of keeping 6 dp's together. Usually the recommended stocking is around 5g per puffer, and there is no limit to how many or how few you can keep using this guide.

well, I went with the peacock gudgeons. Lucky me, I found a local breeder and she donated them to me. They look great, hopefuylly I can get up pictures soon.

Most reactions

Back