10 gallon stocking questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Bettapuppy

Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
Hi all, it's been a while since I've been active on here. I have a few stocking questions. I have a 6.7 gallon aquarium and I'm upgrading to a 10 gallon. That tank currently houses one mellow half moon betta, one horned nerite snail, and three amano shrimp. I'm contemplating adding a few more fish once I upgrade, but I wanted to get your opinion first. So far I'm thinking either neon tetra, rummy-nose tetra, or some rasbora. I do have hard water, but it's the same water that my LFS has. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I tested my water today and these are my stats. I've been using Indian almond leaves and that seams to be working on keeping the PH down a little. I'll also be adding a beautiful peace of mopani wood to my new tank. I started soaking it a few days ago to get some of the tannis out so my tank doesn't look like it's filled with tea, lol.

ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5.0
PH: 7.5
KH: 80
GH: 180

first test if your betta likes other fish. even though i think their ph dosent match, put a platy there and see if Monet will be mean or attack then take him/her out. also get a friend for Rockwell! nerites like to be in groups sometimes. if its the same water in your lfs and Monet is friendly then go for it.

Rummynoses are active fish and need a tank of around 2 foot by 1 foot. Neons or green neons would be a good choice. 8-10 of those would be good

It all depends on your Betta and what fish your planning to put in. Iā€™ve had Betta fish in community tanks with neons, some guppies, and other mixes of fish. Be careful when it comes to guppies tho, as the males have large colorful fins which your betta could mistake for another betta. Iā€™ve kept large bettas for the last couple years and couldnā€™t leave them alone with neons in a 10 gallon tank because they could easily fit in their mouth... see how your betta is with other fish first, and if heā€™s not large and canā€™t fit the neons in his mouth then Iā€™d say you would be fine. Just stay away from any fin nippers.

It all depends on your Betta and what fish your planning to put in. Iā€™ve had Betta fish in community tanks with neons, some guppies, and other mixes of fish. Be careful when it comes to guppies tho, as the males have large colorful fins which your betta could mistake for another betta. Iā€™ve kept large bettas for the last couple years and couldnā€™t leave them alone with neons in a 10 gallon tank because they could easily fit in their mouth... see how your betta is with other fish first, and if heā€™s not large and canā€™t fit the neons in his mouth then Iā€™d say you would be fine. Just stay away from any fin nippers.
This is very true and Iā€™ve read in some magazines that you shouldnā€™t keep male bettas with male guppies. If you have a female betta donā€™t put male guppies with her because they will stress her out and will constantly pestering her mistaking the betta for a female guppy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back