10 gallon rectangular tank
Top Fin PF10 HOB Filter
Basic colored gravel substrate
Two cave-like structures
1 small airstone
1 medium Amazon Sword
2 medium Moneywort
1 Dwarf Gourami

I am looking to stocking the tank with additional fish. I would like to have some schooling fish, as well as some sort of bottom dweller.

I was thinking of having adding the following to the tank:

6 Celestial Pearl Danio
2 Amano Shrimp
1 African Dwarf Frog

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

How long has the tank been set up for?
Has the filter cycled (developed the colonies of good bacteria to keep ammonia and nitrite at 0)?

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness) and pH of your water supply. This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

-----------------------
What filter media/ materials are in the TopFin filter?

You can get sponges for different brands of power filter and use a pair of scissors to cut them to fit in your filter. Leave the sponges with the current filter pads/ cartridges for 6-8 weeks, then throw the pads away and put more sponge in their place.

You can get round/ cylindrical sponges for some brands of internal power filter. these sponges have a hole through the centre and fit over the intake strainer of most external power filters.

Sponges that have been in a filter for more than 6 weeks can be squeezed out in a bucket of tank water every couple of weeks, then re-used. Sponges will last for 10+ years and only need replacing when they start to fall apart. Because they get re-used, you don't get ammonia or nitrite spikes after changing the filter pads (as recommended by the filter manufacturer).

Is the tank cycled yet? What’s your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings?

Don't add the frog. The frog would eat the shrimp and CPDs.

Still need to answer Colin's questions but assuming all is well...
No frog
More CPD (12-15)
More plants, CPD need to be able to hide
You could get cherry shrimp instead of amano, about 10 and they will breed

That's it tank full, although you could add a single nerite snail.

Most reactions

trending

Back