10 Gallon Set Up, Opinions Please

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
So I finally switching over the filter media from one of my 5 gallons with the fish/frogs to my 10 gallon. I am keeping a close eye on tank stats but so far everyone seems happy. I still have my 5 gallon prepared in case any fish need to be moved but over all I am happy with the look of the tank. I am going to try and keep my other 5 gallon in use but I may have to move some of the fry and the Molly into my 10 gallon eventually but it wont be until my 10 gallon can hold the load. Here are pics of how its set up.

100_1160.jpg


100_1161.jpg


100_1162.jpg


100_1163.jpg
 
they all should be aquatic, its 1 amazon sword, 1 gold ribbon, 1 Anubis, 1 planted bulb (beta bulb things?). One of the plants I cant remember but its similar to amazon sword.

Also provided I keep my other tank and give away all my molly buy 2 or 3 what else should I place into the tank? I would like a pleco or louche but I'm pretty sure my tank is to stocked and small for them. Maybe 2 more green cory to go with my single one? Also I am thinking 1-2 mystery (apple) snails inside as well. How would any of those do?
 
they all should be aquatic, its 1 amazon sword, 1 gold ribbon, 1 Anubis, 1 planted bulb (beta bulb things?). One of the plants I cant remember but its similar to amazon sword.

Also provided I keep my other tank and give away all my molly buy 2 or 3 what else should I place into the tank? I would like a pleco or louche but I'm pretty sure my tank is to stocked and small for them. Maybe 2 more green cory to go with my single one? Also I am thinking 1-2 mystery (apple) snails inside as well. How would any of those do?

The plant in the centre is not aquatic, anything variegated is not aquatic, though for some reason the shops continue to sell them as such. It won't harm, but it will die eventually.

I would give your cory some company, they like to be in small groups. Snails are very messy and add to the bioload,so maybe some shrimp would be a better option. If you wanted a pleco the only option is a rubbernose, pitbull or dwarf pleco. Rubbernose prefer cooler temps though. You could have pigmy chain loach but I feel that adding loach or pleco AND cories is too much for the bottom dwellings. So have one or the other, not both. Your mid waters could handle something else small, be careful with your livebearers though, there will be fry everywhere before you know it!
 
Well all of my platy are male so no issues there, I don't really know what mid level fish would be best so suggestions are welcome. I may give away all the fry but 1 or 2 and keep them in my 5 gallon and let the molly into the 10 but this is a ways off.
 
Well all of my platy are male so no issues there, I don't really know what mid level fish would be best so suggestions are welcome. I may give away all the fry but 1 or 2 and keep them in my 5 gallon and let the molly into the 10 but this is a ways off.

Mid level fish are like you platy, that fill the space between the bottom dwellings and the surface, so if they are male, that's great, you could add a couple of more, maybe sunset platy to finish off the colour scheme.
 
Hmm well I think I will do cory to be fair to the one that I already have and as for mid level fish what other would do well besides liverbearers? I am thinking of removing my red platy and giving him to my lfs. Would an angel work? I doubt it and I haven't. Measured the height of my tank yet. Still looking for suggestions.
 
10 gals isn't big enough for an angel. you'd need 20 at least for one. How about some rasboros? Or pencilfish?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top