10 Gallon Set Up, All Cyclyed Heated Just Need Fish

Imcanadieneh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have been looking for some fish I can put into my tank. I really like the dwarf puffers but i hear they don't get along with many fish. Anyways I do not have plants in there but I have decorations and a bubbler. I went for the sunken ship theme. Anyways I want more o the uncommon fish and my LPS has a ton of uncommon fish. What kind of fish would exist or what kind of fish do you all have. Currently I have a female betta in my tank but I will move her when I get the new fish.

personally i would start of with live bearers. there hardy and robust. and they relativly cheap easy to please and come in great colours.

you could get 6 guppies, platies, endlers, or 3 or 4 swrod tails. only 6 to start with then after 4 weeks your filter will have aclimatised to the load. then you can add a few corys my personal favourites are peppered and pygmy.

hope this helps. ps if you dont want to be swamped with babies make sure you buy same sex preferbaly males as they have a better temprement

HI!!

nooo dont start with livebearers!! go for oddball all.the.way.!!!!

even with a 10 gallon tank, there are a few oddballs you can have and enjoy.

as you mentioned, dwarf puffers are adorable, but they are territorial and they bite harrrrd. so if you want variety of fish, they arent for you. glass fish are AMAZING!!! you can see all their bones!! lol and theres indian glass fish, which are like, 1/2" to an 1" big. you can have like 10 of them with ottos or 6 and a few other small tetras or community fish.

butterflyfish are cool too. they sure are interesting. but id recommend only one or two for a 10g tank.

there are some gobies such as white cheeked goby, you can have like two and couple of other fish. and if you want a bw tank, bumblebee gobies are lovely!!

and if you can upgrade to a bigger tank, that opens up a whole lot more possibilities :]

gimme updates <3

What part of Michigan are you in? Ocean Odyssey in Saginaw has a few dwarf puffers in stock right now, it's the only time I ever saw them stocked except as a special order. If you're anywhere near Clio or Lansing, Something Fishy and Preuss respectively usually have enough neat fish to break your brain. Take a walk through Preuss particularly and you'll have some good ideas for the tank and probably seventeen more.

I'm in shelby twp right by sterling hts. Um there is a pet store near my house that always had drwrf puffers in stock. They once had a glass catfish but I haven't seen any since. They have a lot of fish and a lot of angelfish. Thanks for the ideas

Most reactions

Back