$1 Per Gallon.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

thelastbetta

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just found out my LFS sells old used tanks for a $1 a gallon. So I went out and got a 20 gallon for only $20. Do you think $1 per gallon is a good deal for good condition used tanks?

I think it absolutely is!!!! I was considering buying a 55 gal. tank with a stand for 200! where do you live? i'll go and buy out the guy's store :p it's a great deal, just make sure, with used tanks, everything works well (no leaks, etc.)

the larger the tank the better the bargain. a 10 gallon for 10 bucks is sort of a standard price but a 55 gallon for 55 bucks is a steal!!

well, anything under 29 gallons is pretty much much $1 a gallon. i can get a new 20 gallon for 20 dollars, and a new 29 gallon for 33 dollars. if you get a 200 gallon tank for 200 bucks, you are one lucky person.

I figure half the price of new tanks is a reasonable price for buyer as well as seller, as long as the tank doesn't leak, and is a commonly found tank. http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=2 is a decent tank maker, most people go by their prices for new & used tanks. I can usually find used 10's for $4, used 20's for $12.

Most reactions

Back