Zipping

sunpirate2u

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a female betta and she's been acting weird. She's been zipping around her tank real fast. Like she's going some where. At first i thought that it was the mirror (I have her on my dresser that has a mirror) so I put a blue paper behind her tank. Pearl was still doing it. I don't know what's the matter with her. Is she just active? :unsure:

If your tank is under 5 gallons it could be the quality of water. Check the ammonia and the ph. That would be my first thought because usually if the fish starts zipping around it is the water, after that start looking for signs of velvet especially if she is flicking against things even if it is the side of the tank.

Also I forgot to say, it only happens at night before I go to bed. I leave the the lamp next to her on so, she has some light. Maybe she doesn't like the light :sad:. You also could be right joycould.

If it is only at night with the light on she probably sees her reflection then. She thinks there is another fish and she needs to chase it out of her space, it is probably very stressful for her.

Please do not leave the light on "for her". Fish do not like or require lights on all the time. They need rest, just as we do.

You've also got your bettas in very small containers, which means your water quality has to be very carefully monitored. Do you plan on upgrading them to larger homes?

Well I moved her in a different place in my room so now Pearl's not zipping around any more. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back