Zee New Sorority

Amberleaf

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Ontario, Canada (If you want to know my city you'r
Wells, I had an idea lately (well.... actually, my Mom's idea x3), and, we had this tank stockings:

10-gallon: 7 platies, 1 male Betta
6-gallon: 2 female Bettas

Sooooo.... We moved Mr. Wimpy Fish into the 6-gallon with 4 of his platy friends, and the 3 fatter platies into the 55-gallon, and.... my 10-gallon was good to go!! ^^; We had Aqua & Queenie in little buckets, and, since we had had to take out, like, 2 or 3 of the ornaments, we put Aqua & Queenie in the tank, without the extra ornaments. ^^; They explored for a little while, and, then, we left for PetSmart! :3 We put them into buckets again beforehand, and put the ornaments back into the tank. ^^; They couldn't see each other, so it was ideal. Also, the tank was a bit different. ^^;

We came home with 5 gorgeous females! :3 One is a green veiltail, one is a *brilliant* red (brilliant red fins; a dark red body *is amazed*) spadetail, one is a bluish-purplish veiltail, one is a blue veiltail, and, finally, last but *NOT* least, one is a blue & red finned veiltail (this one looks a *LOT* like Queenie; already very large, and a brown body)! ^^;

When I got home, I floated the cups (with the tops *OFF*, because they will sink if the tops are on), in the tank, and, after a little while (I had to do high-class creeping to get up the stairs, because it was my Mom's idea to get the females, but we've spent over $200 on tank stuff in the last *WEEK* alone.... o_O; We got our new 55-gallon tank, thoughs, so that's why ^^; :) But, yeah, we had to make sure that my Dad *DIDN'T* know about these new females.... ^^; :) ), I poured the females in, literally just *ONE AFTER THE OTHERS*. ^^; I also poured Queenie & Aqua out of their buckets in quick successions, and.... No issues! ^^; No fighting, thank God. x3

Two females had been spazzing, glaring at each other and flaring from in their cups while they were floating in the tank's waters (for temperature equalization), so I released them just a bit earlier than I had *intended* to. ^^; They looked like they were going to fight, but thens, the dominant figures of Queenie & Aqua came in.... :lol:

In other words, it went just *fine*! ^^; Since then, however, some females have paled exponentially, and *all* of them are showing *huge* stress stripes, so, hopefully, they'll settle in a bit more over the weekend! ^^; :)

No worries! :lol: Here's some pics. ^^;

Metallica
50s66h.jpg

Scarlett (or, possibly.... Meanie :lol: )
166du9d.jpg

Sapphira
dwpeew.jpg

Queenie and Aqua together (that is *NOT* flaring by Aqua that you see; I know that it *looks* like it; but, really, it's not :p )
2hoba12.jpg

A crap picture of a currently un-named one (she, along with 2 other girls, are rather camera-shy ^^)
2ebvp8x.jpg

2 pics wont work, metallica and queenie

edit:

they do!

lovely fish, but it looks like a couple have stress stripes?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back