zebras in a 29

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
I have dicovered that no stores around me sellMbuna, not even electric yellows. The only Mbuna avaliable are zebras. I already have 6 of them and am bored with buying them, theyre always females as well.

So I was wondering if they would be okay to move into a 29 gallon, it would be heavily caved etc. The fish are in a 55 now, and they actually never go to the right half of the tank. All their territories are on the left side. I think thats a bit odd.

So I was wondering if they would be okay to move into a 29 gallon
You can try, maybe you'll luck out. It's not an appropriate tank for them though regardless, and you do take a risk.

and they actually never go to the right half of the tank. All their territories are on the left side. I think thats a bit odd.
If you're not happy with this then rearrange the tank, try different setups until you get something that you like. In my own tanks the first setup is never stuck too - I let the fish determine my aquascaping as much as anything.

this is the third set up, and they seem to like it best. They dont fight in this one. I think though that they all stay on this side because apart from one of them they are all females, and I think the male thinks he owns them.

Most reactions

Back