Zebra Plecs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

:hyper:
ASIF

a few weeks ago one on ebay went for £125, been a couple of thoses columbian ones knocking about though,

he will not post the fish, pick-up only

Yep, £300 is well overpriced. He hasn't said that they have bred either, though there are lots of caves for them? They may be worth the money if they breed regularly.

that is way too high. i have seen them on ebay for £90. and we are in a recession. offer him £125 and say you will pick up this weekend and i guarantee he will accept.

that is way too high. i have seen them on ebay for £90. and we are in a recession. offer him £125 and say you will pick up this weekend and i guarantee he will accept.

My tank wont have finished cycling till this time next week,
im picking up 2 sponges from a EX 1200 and putting in with my 205 which has been goin for 20 days, with the fishless method,

shipley is only 10mins from me, but dont want to risk paying that money and dying

He said he got them from breeders, iv just offered £125 see what he says

if he says no find someone else selling them at that price and say look! i'm loving this recession at the moment (i know a selfish thng to say) but i just picked up a fx5 140g fish tank and two 300w heaters for £150. soooo happy :D

zebra plecs shouldn't really go in a newly cycled tank, they need mature tank and excellent stable water conditions.

Have you kept any plecs before? If not zebs are not really ideal to start off with.

If you want a plec then you should go for something like a bristlenose then to start with :)

whilst you may be able to pick-up a 1" juvi for £70-£90, a mature adult will cost you a lot more,
I'll admit i don't know the going rate for an adult zebra but I can guarantee £300 is not going to be the dearest you find them selling for

It really depends on the size of these guys as to how much they are worth :nod:

The £90 is about right for small Juvi's, adults can be a lot more. Last I saw them in a shop they were £500 each (about 6 months ago) and £300 would be about the going rate for adults IMO through private breeders. They are nice fish, but are for more intermediate or advanced hobbyists ATM, due to demanding requirements. Leave them with breeders for a few years and they may get stronger and more apt to aquarium life, but for now they are a more tricky pleco :nod:

A BN pleco is a good start. L66 are a *similar* looking pleco to the L46 (broadly speaking, watch a load of people say they aren't even close :lol: ) and suited to a new fish keeper, so may be worth looking at :good: You just saw the tail of my male when you collected those filter sponges ;) They are most active in the evening and at night :nod: L260 (I think the L number is) the Queen Arabesque pleco is also similar and a good starter :nod:

All the best
Rabbut

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back