Zebra Plecs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jarcher1390

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi im wanting to get a zebra plec is there any thing special about them i should know about
care
food

hi im wanting to get a zebra plec is there any thing special about them i should know about
care
food

Why a zebra in particular?

You 'wont' find them in shops and if you did they would be nearly £200 each.

as for care - their price dictates that they are treated like royality - If you have to ask, you need to read up on them a bit more yourself.. They are a great plec but not one for everyone due to their cost - they are best in groups (if you are going to get them a breeding setup would be best ;)) not singals really.

if the price has shocked you - have a look at the thread called Plecos - it has lots of colourful alternatives ;)

hi ive always wanted to have one ive got soft spot for rare fish the price of 200 sound extrem as ive seen them for 50

Like smithrc said they are definitely better in groups, the larger the better.

I know of somebody who has a breeding colony and is selling them at £75 each.

Mark

Mark

PM me the details... I'm interested in expanding ours... especially at that price ;)

These obviously are not the correct "Zebra Plec" the actual plec is now an endangered species and banned from import from the wild...
[/quote]

that was 2 years ago when i first started fish keeping

Mark
i wish i had my money know i would buy them as

£75? I could use a few of those.

Smith, how many would you need to set up a potential breeding colony? are they one woman plecs or do the boys like a hareem?

its debateable - some say more males so the females can pick their favorite... other say more females to get a better change of a spawn...

I'd go with the more males theory - too many spawns and the males will be over worked.

a group of 5 is what i aimed for... I'll be aiming for 2F:3M - it looks like that what we've got too :)

So does your friend have a regular supply of theese plecs?

If so i may be interested once my tanks cycled and fully up and running

So does your friend have a regular supply of theese plecs?

If so i may be interested once my tanks cycled and fully up and running

She has a breeding collony, at the moment she has 23 young. Usually she likes to be able to sex them before she lets them go.

Mark

I may take a pair off her when next they breed then my good man

they are a bit gorgeous though arent they...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back