Zebra Plecs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It says £2.00 (shouldn't that be £200.00 ?). Don't know how they could be fake ones.

It does also say 'out of stock' though. Worth a call me thinks.

Just phoned them (I'd have bought some to have a go with breeding :) )

They have said that it's a mistake. They can't get them anymore and if they could it should be £200.00.

Shame! :rolleyes: But I'd rather they were unavailable in the UK and didn't go extinct!

it is obviously a typo, but I'm sure trading standards would make them honour it.
I remember a similar thing happened to a large electrical company where trading stds made then sell tvs at the advertised web price of £1.99

it is obviously a typo, but I'm sure trading standards would make them honour it.
I remember a similar thing happened to a large electrical company where trading stds made then sell tvs at the advertised web price of £1.99
Actually unfortunately (for us), not at all :/ It was discussed indepth (towards the last pages) in this thread of CFC's.
It happens all the time and we (consumers in the UK) can stand on our heads, they don't have to give it to us at any price whatsover. It's pure good will and honour that they migth do so.

But then why should they legally have to honour it if it is a mistake?

If they priced it too high we would not say, "aah, but that is the price" and pay it. We just wouldn't buy. The decision to sell anything to us is the right of the shopkeeper. Only if he deliberatey marks it low to get sales in will TS step in, but proving intent is no easy thing as far as criminal law goes.

I remember when I used to work in a shop that unless we had rung it in the till at that price then it didn't matter - it's all just an invitation to treat.

Legally what should happen is the product in question, unless livestock should be taken off sale until the next day, and re-priced with the correct price. Obviously with fish being classed as livestock this wouldnt happen, so the shop keeper would just turn round and tell you to pee off.

Ben

It's acedemic.
They can price them at anything they want while they're out of stock, it's known as a 'Hero Deal'.
It's gets the customer in the door then you sell them something else.

I used to work at PC world and it was common practice there. We'd advertise a computer for £199.99 but never have any in stock. When a customer enquired we'd tell them that we can't order hardware under £200 and then we'd try to upsell to a more expensive (and profitable) model.

It's acedemic.
They can price them at anything they want while they're out of stock, it's known as a 'Hero Deal'.
It's gets the customer in the door then you sell them something else.

I used to work at PC world and it was common practice there. We'd advertise a computer for £199.99 but never have any in stock. When a customer enquired we'd tell them that we can't order hardware under £200 and then we'd try to upsell to a more expensive (and profitable) model.

It must be a regular dixons group thing, we did exactly the same thing at Currys with PSPs. The standard pack was never ordered in, only the more expensive "giga pack". Customers looking to get their kids a great present for christmas always ended up spending more than they wanted too,

Yes, they sell zebs, but they havent stocked them since the export ban, and it's unlikely that they will.

Don't get too excited, its nothing special.

Ben

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back