Zebra Danios Fighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Reaction score
ive got 8 zebra danios that have lived in my 65gallon tank for about a year. lately ive noticed they are constintly fighting VERY visicouly and many are getting little chunks taken out of there skin. they go around flaring and nipping at eachother in a circle very fast. i just dont know what to do and dont want anyone to get seriously hurt. i dont think the rainbows like it either cuz now there chasing the danios around as well when they start to fight..... any ideas why or how to stop the bickering

Danios will chase each other around consistently(for fun) and are you sure its skin that fall off them? they will quarrel over food

theyve always chased eachother around and nip at the tails a bit but this is totally different then just them chasing eachother around. they are visciously attacking eachother and causing noticeable damage to the sides of there bodies. its little white patches that are engraved in the skin... im pretty sure its not any sort of desise since its just started since ive noticed them really going at it.... it may be desiese but im following them very closely to make sure the spots dont get bigger or fuzzy at all. non of the other fish show any white marks just the bickering danios that have magically shown up since this all started..

Do you know what sexes they are?

If mostly males then perhaps you could either exchange some for females, or buy some more ladies to divert the attentions of the boys.

theyve always chased eachother around and nip at the tails a bit but this is totally different then just them chasing eachother around. they are visciously attacking eachother and causing noticeable damage to the sides of there bodies. its little white patches that are engraved in the skin... im pretty sure its not any sort of desise since its just started since ive noticed them really going at it.... it may be desiese but im following them very closely to make sure the spots dont get bigger or fuzzy at all. non of the other fish show any white marks just the bickering danios that have magically shown up since this all started..

wat other fish is in tank?

wat are ur stats?

theres just 6 black skirts 3 bosemani rainbows 3 axelrodi rainbows a BN plec , gold gourami and then the 8 viscious zebras all living in 65 gallons of fresh water together. they are distrupting the harmony in my tank as the rainbows hate it when theyre fighting and start to chase them around to break them up, sometimes nipping at there tails...the black skirts like to chase eachother around as well but i know there just playin as theyve always done this... im not sure about my water stats havent tested in a really long time, i have a hagen master test kit in the closet but other than these zebras my tank has been perfect for almost a year since i upgraded from a 33 gall to the 65 so no need to test. i do a 30 percent water change once a week and have had no deaths in my tank other then a few platies i use to have...

lots of plant cover

do you mean floating plants or planted plants. i have a few planted real plants a big cave for my plecs house and some bogwood for him to chew on .. im planning on getting a bunch more plants in the next week or 2 but i hear that the rainbows like lots of swimming space so i dont want tooo much..

lots of leafy plants longer variety planted. plants take up no space, i can more than gaurantee that the rainbows will apreciatr the plants

Most reactions

trending

Back