Yup, They Have Fin Rot And A Bacterial Infection

newfishy

Fish Herder
Reaction score
to those who read the other thread I posted. after reading up some on here I called my sister to tell her about it, and yup when I asked how they were doing, they ALL have ripped fins and fin rot and possible a bacterial infection. I told her it was because they shouldnt be toghter and are ripping each other appart, I sugested spilting the top tank into four pieces, a boy in each, then making the bottom a sor for the girls. my sister just blew me off and told me I dont know what I am talking about cause Ive only had fish for a few months now.

yea like I can go find advice or look up information. so yea shes is an idiot and I think all her fish will die....maybe not right away, just a slower more painfull death.

moron.

to those who read the other thread I posted. after reading up some on here I called my sister to tell her about it, and yup when I asked how they were doing, they ALL have ripped fins and fin rot and possible a bacterial infection. I told her it was because they shouldnt be toghter and are ripping each other appart, I sugested spilting the top tank into four pieces, a boy in each, then making the bottom a sor for the girls. my sister just blew me off and told me I dont know what I am talking about cause Ive only had fish for a few months now.

yea like I can go find advice or look up information. so yea shes is an idiot and I think all her fish will die....maybe not right away, just a slower more painfull death.

moron.

The split tank for males and sorority tank for females sounds like the perfect solution. Even if you "don't know what you're talking about", most of the people on this forum do... tell her that the even the betta "experts" will not take the chance of keeping males and females together, and that we agree that a better setup would be the divided tank and sorority.

Also, you mentioned that she was keeping them together to try to breed them. Does she realize that breeding bettas involves culturing live foods for the babies, and eventually jarring 50-100 male bettas that all need their water changed as often as possible? If not, tell her that and see if it changes her mind.

By the way, I think it's great that you decided to do research and ask questions. I hope your sister eventually swallows her pride and does what's best for her fish!

I just cant understand how it dosnt bother her to see their fins ripped up, I just dont know how to convince her that the advice I am getting here is worth it.

the reason she wants to breed bettas is cause a few of the lfs would rather pay a dollar for a healthy fish(even if its a smaller younger betta) then one raised halfway around the world that has been overshipped and stressed. cause a lot of the bettas they are getting die really really easy.

oh and one jumped out and died while she was doing a water change today too...right out of the cup into the trash can halfway across the room...and my sister could not find her for a while.

she now has 4 males and 8 females, she could make a really lovely sor out of that if she tryed too.

dude...I will print the fact sheets out and print out some pictures of some really nice sor's....maybe that will work:)

It ends up costing a heck of a lot more to breed and raise the bettas than you will get from the pet store for them!

I love sororities- it's so much fun to see the females interact with each other, and there's normally not too much fighting.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back