Youtube

Blitz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Before I acutally post a video on youtube, I have a question...
--I made a pet slideshow on my computer with a song on it, and I'm not sure if it's allowed to use a celeb's song on youtube while letting the slideshow play--

Is it allowed to use music on your slideshow video and post on youtube?

*I'm such a dork when it comes working with computers and playing with the internet. Really, I'm not very smart at that kind of stuff*

-B. :)

Just wanted to check before I go ahead and post and get in trouble for a silly thing.

as long as you put in the description that you do not own the song and all rights belong to whoever the celeb is :good:

if youtube aint allowed to have the music they may remove the music from the video. They did from a video I done, although the video still works the music does not. It depends who owns the copyright, some groups/artists/companies, dont allow there music to be used in peoples videos. My one was removed it was a "kid rock" track.

youtube has automatic trackers that identifiy copyrighted music and then remove them from your video

.....I know because it's happened to me.

I've had some of my old gaming videos muted or restricted to countries due to copyright claims over the music samples used, and in one case removed due to use of Linkin Park - Numb song sample. Had to replace the song to be able to keep it. I only used a few seconds from each song though.

On the other hand, there are some artists who post their music online by themselves. Would be funny if youtube mutes their videos, even if they are the copyright holders. X))

Just upload it and see what happens. You won't get in trouble the worst that can happen is youtube switches off the sound to your video :)

well if you do what i said to do they wont take the music off of you
personally my experiencw as a gamer my youtube videos have never been muted and my channel hasnt been up long but ive got experienced editors and graphics people check us out HERE we have 1600 subscribers :good:

My gamertag on xbox Is Earn Zerpy

Woah. I couldn't watch the whole video. It makes me dizzy trying to play video games. I've played around with my xbox playing games, but I never do anymore.

well if you do what i said to do they wont take the music off of you
personally my experiencw as a gamer my youtube videos have never been muted and my channel hasnt been up long but ive got experienced editors and graphics people check us out HERE we have 1600 subscribers :good:

My gamertag on xbox Is Earn Zerpy
No, because I did write I do not own the music.
They have this system that compares and recognizes music. Sometimes, you are stopped at the upload if content matches. Just try and make a Linkin Park - Numb video and try to upload it (without modifying the pitch of it). Last time I tried, it told me that content matched copyrighted media or something like that.
Also, the removal of uploaded shows lately.

Not all music is detected by their system though, but the one that is, will be acted on as requested by the copyright holder, who can choose to:
a) Mute your video
b) Remove your video
c) Monetize it
d) Restrict it to certain countries.

So many rules. It's a wonder they don't ban the people who don't follow their rules from using youtube. Like, delete their account.

So many rules. It's a wonder they don't ban the people who don't follow their rules from using youtube. Like, delete their account.
Ah, but they do.
There were some who uploaded whole series, or posted heaps of songs that were very protected by the Warner Bros company and such, thus their accounts have been suspended.
Notice the copyright infringement status in your YT control panel. It says whether you're safe or not. Oddly, it says I'm safe, even though I still have the game videos with some music that isn't mine (and some have been restricted to countries, 2 vids muted and later on unmuted but monetized by the companies).
I've created a separate channel where I'll be posting only stuff that's 100% mine (or my team's) - music or animation or both. My old YT channel will be used mostly for test vids / vids of my fish tank and keeping the CO VWL series, in memory of the time when my friends and I used to play that Conquer Online game and when it was good.

The CO VWL series is actually a parody on both the players and the company itself, since the company that runs the game reached such a low level that they succumbed to bot infestation and they still deprive the REAL players of stuff that gave them a chance at competing.

Most reactions

Back