Youthanasia....... I Think Thats How U Spell It

community begginer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
g'day everyone. just wondering what your thoughts were on youthanasia (spelling)??
is it good or bad. i think it should only be taken into procedure if totally nessisary (spelling).
like that song lol : you have to be cruel to be kind. :)
regards community begginer

ps: as you can tell im not that good at spelling.

Your spelling sucks! Just kidding. :p But, if you want, an easy-to-use, free program to get is word web. It's a dictionary, but if you misspell something it will tell you how to spell it (though it is not a comprehensive dictionary, so it might not have all of the words you are looking for). Highlight word (in almost any program) and press ctrl+alt+w and it defines the word. It doesn't get much easier than that.

http://www.download.com/WordWeb/3000-2079_...tml?tag=lst-0-1

Euthanasia, necessary.

Agreed, only use it when you know the fish has no chance of surviving (try posting on here before you go through with it).

Only acceptable way of euthanasia I have ever used was to chop of the head. Rarely am I successful on the first attempt, unfortunately.

Unacceptable alternatives are flushing down the toilet, freezing, or tossing in a garbage can.

Hmm... we used to have a euthansia pinned thread I thought...

here is my prefered method

Buy pure clove oil. You can get it at a health food store. Put the fish in a medium sized mixing bowl in his own water from his tank. In a small jar or something with a lid, such as a jam jar, mix the clove oil with tank water. Put the lid on and shake it like crazy over and over until the liquid in it is white. Then pour a little into the mixing bowl with the fish. Swirl it with your hand. The fish might fight it just a little bit and then slow down. Then pour a little more in and swirl again. He should just go to sleep and appear dead. If he doesn't, try a little more of the clove solution, always shaking very well before an addition to the bowl. When he goes to sleep, leave him in the solution for a good 30 minutes.
Pain free death. Very humane. We should all go so easily.

g'day everyone. just wondering what your thoughts were on youthanasia (spelling)??
is it good or bad. i think it should only be taken into procedure if totally nessisary (spelling).
like that song lol : you have to be cruel to be kind. :)
regards community begginer

ps: as you can tell im not that good at spelling.
Best method I have used in terms of appearing to suffer very little was to fill a plastic food tub with cold dechorinated water and loads of ice cubes. Leave for a short while to cool down then add fish and put a tea towel over the top to stop it jumping out. Fish dies quickly and does not appear to suffer at all.

freezing is very painful for the fish...
(as CFC states)

:QUOTE by CFC:

"Placing tropical fish into cold water is not a good way to euthanise a fish and certainly not quick for them, being cold blooded ice crystals will form in their blood which rip their insides to pieces and cause internal haemoraging long before they are dead."

:( just thought id say that i think that using a knife is the best way if u do it quickly with one cut. :S

freezing is very painful for the fish...
(as CFC states)

:QUOTE by CFC:

"Placing tropical fish into cold water is not a good way to euthanise a fish and certainly not quick for them, being cold blooded ice crystals will form in their blood which rip their insides to pieces and cause internal haemoraging long before they are dead."

:( just thought id say that i think that using a knife is the best way if u do it quickly with one cut. :S

Yes i think that is possibly the best way to do it, as long as you know how to do it and can do it with just one cut or rather stab through the head which hopefully causes complete destruction of the brain so i guess it would be a pretty quick death. i have seen my dad do it many of times while fishing (mind you i dont really enjoy watching it and wouldnt do it myself). its rather sickening. :sick:

damm cant say i like the idea of doing it o be honest, but i heard the best way wasbe to put the fish in a damp towel, wrap it up and use a hammer (big enough that you cant miss) and smack it four or five times.
sounds kinda mingin if ya ask me!
Greg 8)

Oh man thats sick!! Can you imagine the big fishy mess? Surely that's a joke. Seriously, I "Ice" 'em. Similar procedure as before. I get a bowl, add ice cubes, place it in the freezer untill the surface ices over, break the ice on top enough to slip in a fish into the supercold water. Painful? Oi, cutting your fish into pieces seems far more grim than what seems to me to be an instant fishy cardiac arrest. I'm sure not gonna dismember or squash fish with building tools... that just seems sadistic. But hey, they're your fish, and if you're into gore... have at 'er. I suspect thats a poster case of trolling tho...

eh! i dont do it! just sayin thats what some one said they did, come to think of it i think it might have been sombody sea fishing, and i think the fish nearly took his finger off :lol:
sounds like the iea is the best idea, but i dont think i could bring myself to it either.
GReg8)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back