Your Opinons On The Piece Of Kit

obee

Reaction score
Hi everyone i'm new here :p

great community you guys have here i hope i can contribute in time, i have two questions i hope some of you could help me with...

I tried using the above search but couldn't come up with any information on a HYDOR EKIP THERMOFILTER (http://www.aquariumguys.com/hydorekip.html) Has anyone used or had experience with this piece of kit? I'm on a budget and this looks like a excellent cheap alternative to buying a heater, air pump and filter.

Also i have a old clear-seal tank, From what i have read it isn't the best brand of tank out on the market but hey it was free :D It measures 36" long, 12" high, 12" wide i believe this is a UK 20Gallon? just want to make sure so i know i am buying the right equipment for it and don't find myself under heated or anything

hmmmm well hydpr are a great brand and are bringing out some innovative products at the moment. We've got one of they're external heaters which is a great piece of kit.

not seen this before but on the face of it it looks like a good way of keeping equipment to a minimum and doing everything you need in a small tank.

however, virtually all aquarium equipment manufacturers are a little optimistic with they're ratings, so this say's it does up to 15g..... i would then not use it alone on anything bigger than a 10g tank. if yours is a 20g it's easy to see where the problem lies. I don't know if they do a bigger model or if you could maybe get 2?

So yes probably quite a decent bit of kit, not big enough for your tank though. :/

I agree with Miss Wiggle, don't scrimp on your filter, it support all the fishes in your tank so get a good one.

I can highly recommend these filters of which I have two and have found them to be excellent. I would think the K20 would be sufficient and which I have used in the past on my 20G high.

http://www.aquariumsuperstore.co.uk/mall/h...duointernal.asp

Sam

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back