You Were Right! Betta And Dwarf Gourami Kick Off!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

squashedfrog77

Reaction score
Well, you guys were right! The Betta and Gourami have begun to spat. Its started when my boyfriend didnt get the message I sent and bought a gorgeous little female gourami to keep the male company as a suprise for me (bless :)). Male Gourami started to nip at her to establish his dominance, and the Betta has decided to bop him one.

Its bizarre but the Betta appears to be shadowing the new small Gourami female and going for the Male Gourami when kicks off with her. Any ideas why this might be?? At the mo there are still hiding places, HOWEVER we might have this sorted come Saturday.

Right! A friend has had a tank for ten years, and is moving house, and therefore GIVING ME, (yes I know!) GIVING ME, the tank, all the trimmings, and some beautiful well established fish. We have, Thanks to this site, printed out all the instructions as to how to move them all safely, and have bought the relevant poly boxes to ensure safety. (thank you for the pin guys!)[/b]

My thought is to move ONE of the feuding twosome to the other tank.

The other tank has in it as follows:

4 angel fish - 4 years old (around 5 inches in length)
1 fat plec - apparently 7 years old (from the looks of things 7 inches long)
3 clowns (3 years)
3 neons & a zebra danio

QUESTION: If I have to split the Gourami and Betta, who goes in the new tank?

Hi

Obviously you gotta do something, but the 125lt tank is already way over stocked. Theres 20 inches of Angel fish alone. And there simply isn't room for 3 Clown loaches, even if they were the only occupants. It may be a case of selling on some of them, particularly the Clowns, as IMO they need a bare minimum of a 5ft tank.

What ever you decide I hope it works out.

yeah, this is the tank Im inheriting alas. I will need to do a re-jiggy when it gets here, perhaps moving the clowns into my other tank with the other three clowns.

There is an excellent store (Shirley Aquatics) which I think would be happy to take on a few should I need to part with them.

Most reactions

Back