you people...

longhorn13

Fishaholic
Reaction score
so, i always read these betta rescue stories on here, and i think that's nice, but i probably wouldn't do it. then today i'm in petco, and i look at their bettas and there's this beautiful red betta flaring away at everything....and a couple bettas down there's this little guy, not very eyecatching at all sitting on the bottom of his cup (pretty decent size as far as betta cups go). he just looked so sad i guess i just had to take him home. as i walked around i tried to talk myself out of it--i don't need another fish right now, where will i put him, etc...but i just couldn't leave him there.

here he is when i just put him in his new (but temporary) home. he perked up quite a bit after coming out of the cup.

newbetta4.jpg

newbetta3.jpg

newbetta.jpg

and after only about 10 minutes he's already looking a little better

newbetta2.jpg

what kind of color scheme is he? anything specific?

Wow, even just ten minutes made quite a difference. I can't wait to see him after ten days! That's one lucky fish! :D

I have one who looks just like him! I don't think it's a true color scheme. I got mine from Petco too. Good luck! He's a lucky boy! :thumbs:

yes it is. It looks like copper to me but cameras are deceiving sometimes. His color can also change since his water quality is better but he is still a beautiful guy :wub:

ok, so the original plan (well, impulse) was just to get this guy because he looked sad and he was just going to go into a critter keeper i had...

well, then i thought he might like a better home, so off to petco i went to get a 2.5G i saw there. add in the glass top and light, this original $3 impulse turned into a 50-some dollar betta... :blink:

i don't think i like the black gravel (it was all i had around the house), so his new home might change again.

here's his new home, a little bare now, but it'll probably change

newtank.jpg

and here he is after being with me for a couple days

newguy3.jpg

newguy2.jpg

newguy.jpg

i should have never read all your betta saving posts... :X

Wow his coloring is getting to be really quite attractive :)

Very nice little setup he's got there. ;)
The little cave thing he's got reminds me of Patrick's house on Spongebob - because of the plant behind it - it looks like a pineapple. heh heh

He looks like he's very very happy now.

ok, he doesn't have a name yet, and since i keep getting these spongebob comments, i guess he's "bob" now unless someone's got something better

Most reactions

Back