Ying, The Yo Yo Loach

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Ben

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hey guys
This is Ying, one out of two of my Yo Yo Loaches(the other one,Yang, is too damn fast :X )
These little loaches were just alowwed to be imported into Aus and my LFS got some in, unfortunatly there were only two left so got them and i am planning on getting 3 or 4 more :)

fotka.jpg

Thanks for looking,

DD

Lovely clear loach pic ! I alwasy struggle to capture mine - they are too damn fast - and shy ! :/

Thanks Bloo :)

It was just pure luck getting that photo, they're so energetic and fast and i got him just as he was resting

DD

Thanks Akudewan and Comet :D

Comet - I was really suprised to see these guys at my LFS, the first time i'd seem them in person, the only previous loaches that i had seen before were the Clown, Khuli and Hillstream Loaches and i'll be on the look out for anymore, The other one i saw were some Dwarf Chain Loaches which were $7.50 as aposed to the Yo Yo's which were $4.50 and i never had alot on me at the time -_-

Thanks again :)
DD

I wish I could find some more Botia sidthimunki. They are very expensive around here ($17.99 - 19.99), whereas Yoyos are $3.99 - $5.99. I bought 4, and had 1 offer himself to my dog. I haven't seen any in about 10 monthes.

If you go back for the dwarf chains, keep in mind that they will spend 90% of their time in the middle level of your tank. If you have room, I'd recommend these great fish.

:thumbs:

Nice picture. I bought mine about 4 months ago. For the first week they were a little bit shy. Now they are out and about whenever the lights are on. They are very fun to watch. They are about 2.5" now. I just introduced 3 Botia Striata (zebra loach) on Friday and they seem to get along well. The Botia Striata are still a bit shy right now. I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I have so far.

thanks brracude :)

They were tad bit shy for a few hours when i got them but they're crazy! They're swimming everywhere up and down!

DD

Botias, crazy little fish :p I haven't seen any Yo yos near me, but Botia loaches are something i steer clear of :lol: I had a Siamese badis that ate 2 B. sidthimunkis, and right now we have two satan skunk loaches isolated from the nice fish :D

Nice loach, and lucky shot ;)

Thanks Dwarfs :D
Yep, i've heard of the evilness of Botias, but if anything happens, i can always put seperate them quickly into the spare tank :)

DD

great pic!

i actually saw some of these in an LFS a while ago. i was very surprised to see them! i didnt know you could get them in Aus. i was so tempted to buy them but i have no where to put them :(

Thanks Dwarfs :D
Yep, i've heard of the evilness of Botias, but if anything happens, i can always put seperate them quickly into the spare tank :)

DD

There are a few botias that are very aggressive, but most are not. If they are given the proper space and the right tank mates, they usually are not a problem.

Most reactions

Back