Yellow Guppy With Dissapearing Tail

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Catfishlover

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My male yellow guppy is apparently changing its tail color. When I bought it there was no discoloration at all, but now black spots are appering on its tail and when they are gone it takes the original yellow color with them. What the fish is happening?
wacko.png

Do you have a pic of it before this? And a pic now? Maybe a before and after would help.

I don't know anything about livebearers but imagine others may find pics useful :/

No... My phone wont cooperate with my computer, But it started as a black fringe on the tail.

Use photobucket with your phone then go on ohotobuckey with your computer and find the pick on your account :)

I have no idea what a photobucket is... but if you could tell me if this will harm my fish please do.

It won't harm your fish! http://s902.photobucket.com make an account, easy, take upload pics, then sign in on laptop, copy and past link on here so we can view pic, or img code.

Sorry I misunderstood your first reply, I mean photobucket is fine to use, sorry I miss read the reply lol. As for black spots, please look at the fish from different angles and if there is no "body" to the spots and they are not 3d then they are likely just coloration coming out of the tail, however if they are 3d then they are likely fungi or a parasite. Pictures are important though before dosing anything unnecessary

Nothing on the body, just the tail. the spots are flat. So I guess this is just the fish growing old? Lemon was one of my first fish, so it would make sense. Also, could you help with my other fish problem? just go to the topics on my page. unlike Lemon, this fish may be killing itself.

Most reactions

trending

Back